Best Reprise Closer?

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

Hey Cap. Many of us think you may be in the Cone of Uncertainty for Florence. Be safe out there and let us know how you are doing.  

School shut down for Thursday and Friday. We're not getting the brunt of the storm (about an hour or so away from the coast of Virginia) so it should be fine here 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

School shut down for Thursday and Friday. We're not getting the brunt of the storm (about an hour or so away from the coast of Virginia) so it should be fine here 

Better wear your hard hat out there with the wind, rain and flying debris. You have to provide your own boa.:sigh:

https://www.historicalemporium.com/store/001973.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkIP7o8C13QIVB5CHCh33ogJwEAEYASAGEgLjQvD_BwE

20 hours ago, Tommeee said:

2012 Cadets.  Not sure it fits this criteria perfectly, but they sure did include LOTS of different Christmas snippets in that closer.  What an underrated and fun show!!  Unfortunately, it is mainly only relevant during the holiday season.

My first visit to finals, we were there to support Spirit of Atlanta, and loved Sin City, but that Cadet show was just magic. Prelims, semi's and finals.

On 9/10/2018 at 1:14 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Garfield ‘83, Rocky Point Holiday with the first Z-pull ever.

It took a few days for it to occur to me, but I'm kind of partial to the reprise of Concerto in F from Garfield 82.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I know it's All-Age... but the 2016 Atlanta CV program has a lovely recap in the final minute. I think everyone hit the obvious DCI ones.

Yeah....we did that in 04 Dream with a bit of In The Stone, which was our opening statement.

A GREAT example of a short bit early and a more full version at the end is '16 Academy.  Just a hint of Unchained Melody from the pit at the beginning and a glorious full rendition to close.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been listening to Crown’s “Relentless” from 2016.  I can’t think of a finer example of a reprise and a show filled with continuity, dramamatic tie-ins and messaging. Medea is only one example, as incredible as it is.  This show was broadway on a footballl field. Reprise, YES. And so much more!

PS - and now back to my off-season hibernation!😴

Edited by drumcorpsfever