Remember What......

.....Staff's use to consist of?

We had a drum guy, horn guy, drill guy and a guard girl! Some of the older kids would jump in as "assistants."  Today you could start a corps with the size of the staff's!

Our last year (1976 Royal Coachmen) we had three drum guys (two would come once in a while), one horn guy (from Toronto every so often) and the drill guy would come from Toronto with the horn guy. Guard was done by a former member. That was our staff!

• Like 1

Old Time Staffs:

We  (Conn Royal Lancers) WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY back in 1962-1966 had one horn instructor/write and teach, one drum instructor and one drill man.

St Anns (1957-1962) had one drum instrctor one horn instrctor and one drill person.

Senior people in sections woked with their sections. The drill person also taught the color guard.

Elphaba

7 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

It took quite the staff of instructors to help Santa Clara pull off their great show this year!!

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-educational-staff/

SCV STAFF:

UNREAL.  Neither of the ENTIRE DRUM CORPS that I marched in had that many people teaching or ON THE FIELD!!!!!!    :w00t:

Elphaba    :flower:

• Like 1

Guard staff was me and rifle lead from 1972-1975 during winter (guard). When the hired drill instructor showed up in May, I'd brief him of what we were up to for 8 months and we'd figure out how to go from floor to field in a week. During 1972-1975, I was also DM (multi-tasker). Learning from arrangers and horn instructors during the summer was also fun, however, winter guard rocks imo