Sunrisers suspended

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

I'm sure I'll receive comments on my opinion BUT.....What good is suspending an entire corps? Happened to Renegades and they are gone. Probably will happen with Pioneer on the DCI side. The people that were managing the group have severed ties with Sun and they are the ones that messed up! Now the corps should pay the bill but is suspending the members going to fix this or make it worse (Folding Sunrisers)? 

The new management of the Sunrisers paid the bill as soon as they found out about the issue - within 2 days I believe.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I'm sure I'll receive comments on my opinion BUT.....What good is suspending an entire corps? Happened to Renegades and they are gone. Probably will happen with Pioneer on the DCI side. The people that were managing the group have severed ties with Sun and they are the ones that messed up! Now the corps should pay the bill but is suspending the members going to fix this or make it worse (Folding Sunrisers)? 

Well when you are trying to find a city willing to host championships it doesn’t help if the local businesses think you will ignore things like not paying the bills. About the only power DCA has to try to force payment is suspend. And speaking from family experience, a business doesn’t care if new management comes in they just want/need the bills paid

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KeithHall said:

well...a message needs to be sent, not only to the other corps, but also to the creditors. Something like this ( and the Renegades issue) could blow up the deal for the host city, and cause DCA to be scrambling to find a new championship site. And scrambling leads to a) uncomfortable questions as to why you're scrambling and B) higher prices.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CHRISP said:

The new management of the Sunrisers paid the bill as soon as they found out about the issue - within 2 days I believe.

and DCA hasn't met since have they?

I would imagine at the next meeting if all issues are resolved, they should be good

• Like 1