SCV to BD..Shaun Gallant

This sucks, another reason to dislike BD a little more.

This would be like the Patriots hiring Rams' coach McVay after he leads them to a Super Bowl win. Or Doug Peterson

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeffe77 said:

This sucks, another reason to dislike BD a little more.

This would be like the Patriots hiring Rams' coach McVay after he leads them to a Super Bowl win. Or Doug Peterson

You're really swell at cutting and pasting. But like I said in the other thread. You're saying you dislike BD more now because this gentlemen CHOSE to apply for an open position at BD, but it's somehow BD's fault.

#logicalposts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, xandandl said:

In the past decade, just how many folks have headed SCV?  That may be more of the story here.

PS. Is this why BDB and SCVC had issued identical press releases about staying home-bound in Cali this summer?

I’ve read a lot of comments from people on other platforms saying the same thing. Maybe I’m over thinking this, but I’m failing to see a connection. Could you help me to understand?

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I’ve read a lot of comments from people on other platforms saying the same thing. Maybe I’m over thinking this, but I’m failing to see a connection. Could you help me to understand?

SCV has had quite the turnstile at corps director and CEO positions since Rick Valenzuela went to Regiment. Amazing that such executive turn-over led to double championships this year.

If he is taking over BD or was in discussion with them while SCVC was discerning its future, no surprise that similar thinking presents similar public statements, does it? 

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

SCV has had quite the turnstile at corps director and CEO positions since Rick Valenzuela went to Regiment. Amazing that such executive turn-over led to double championships this year.

If he is taking over BD or was in discussion with them while SCVC was discerning its future, no surprise that similar thinking presents similar public statements, does it? 

I see. I dunno. It still feels like a bit of a stretch. From the moment I heard the announcements from the respective organizations, I just assumed it was to save money. Sponsoring two national summer tours every year has got to be astronomicaly expensive and that’s not even taking into account the other programs that SCV and BD sponsor.

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I see. I dunno. It still feels like a bit of a stretch. From the moment I heard the announcements from the respective organizations, I just assumed it was to save money. Sponsoring two national summer tours every year has got to be astronomicaly expensive and that’s not even taking into account the other programs that SCV and BD sponsor.

I heard about Justin leaving from a mutual friend a full two weeks before the public announcement was made and who floated the plausibility of the announcement as a test balloon. Count back a few weeks further for negotiations, discussions with his wife and their families and you are almost at August first. I'm sure Roseanne and David Gibbs didn't let it all drop from the sky without some previous discussions and negotiations.  One poster said Shaun applied. Do we know this as fact or theory?Might BD gone to him with an offer too good to refuse?  I don't know further details of what's in the Devils mind. Limiting the press releases to merely what they said belies a lack of understanding of how the top 6 DCI admins. work; they don't get there by chance. Have you ever attended a DCI Board meeting?  I have. It can get ugly with the manipulating and executive insights defending their own forts. These kings of the castles aren't tee-ball coaches.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1