Sign in to follow this  
DCP NewsFeed

In The News – Women Take On Leadership Roles In Casper’s Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, dans said:

Why is this news? Women have been drum majors in Drum Corps for some time now. Are we moving back to women's suffrage? Everyone is a victim in today's America.

Because they posted it. Thats why.

 

Get over yourself.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cuban said:

Because they posted it. Thats why.

 

Get over yourself.

Well, that is an interesting response! I need to get over myself because I have an opinion or because I have an opinion you don't agree with? I think I can figure that out without your assistance. Anyway, thanks for the mindless response to my opinion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like we’re getting pretty testy responses to positive news, especially about a corps that is not usually high on the controversy list nor the drama list for that matter. I wish Kristy Jackson all the best. She has the charge of making Troopers more competitive while filling Fred Morris’ shoes, not an easy task. It will also not be easy filling Gabe’s shoes as a four year DM and Jones award winner, but Savannah Light showed us last year as assistant she’s more than up for the task.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dans said:

Well, that is an interesting response! I need to get over myself because I have an opinion or because I have an opinion you don't agree with? I think I can figure that out without your assistance. Anyway, thanks for the mindless response to my opinion.

Opinion is one thing. Throwing out an everyone is a victim insult is quite another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim K said:

It seems like we’re getting pretty testy responses to positive news, especially about a corps that is not usually high on the controversy list nor the drama list for that matter.

Exactly.

Best wishes to the Troopers in 2019. Good to see "America's Corps" doing well!!!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dans said:

Why is this news? Women have been drum majors in Drum Corps for some time now. Are we moving back to women's suffrage? Everyone is a victim in today's America.

Dan,

 

Maybe I can explain how some may be viewing this. Troop, aka America's corps...has never had a female on the box. Troop is that corps that hangs on to tradition in many ways, and let's face it, in this climate we live in today, this is big news, because it was always a guy on the box with the gun in the holster. to many, it's a sign the 11th calvary has left the 1800's. While you may not think it's a big deal, to some, it's a barrier that's been broken through in a big way.

 

Hope that helps

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. 

 

How bad ### would it be to see a female doing the awards slow walk!

Edited by Jeff Ream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dan,

 

Maybe I can explain how some may be viewing this. Troop, aka America's corps...has never had a female on the box. Troop is that corps that hangs on to tradition in many ways, and let's face it, in this climate we live in today, this is big news, because it was always a guy on the box with the gun in the holster. to many, it's a sign the 11th calvary has left the 1800's. While you may not think it's a big deal, to some, it's a barrier that's been broken through in a big way.

 

Hope that helps

Jeff,

I understand the tradition of the Troopers. I remember being in awe of the Troopers in the 70's.  I applaud this young woman for becoming the first female head drum major of the Troopers. I'm sure she is very well qualified and deserving. The problem I have is that the current political climate (from the left) in America almost insinuates that women in America are still bound in chains and kept out of sight in the basement. This is absolute hogwash; however, some will argue that women in America are basically still slaves to men. Why do we continue to patronize women instead of celebrating how far they have come in our society. Oh well, that is my honest opinion on the subject...flame away if you must!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dans said:

Jeff,

I understand the tradition of the Troopers. I remember being in awe of the Troopers in the 70's.  I applaud this young woman for becoming the first female head drum major of the Troopers. I'm sure she is very well qualified and deserving. The problem I have is that the current political climate (from the left) in America almost insinuates that women in America are still bound in chains and kept out of sight in the basement. This is absolute hogwash; however, some will argue that women in America are basically still slaves to men. Why do we continue to patronize women instead of celebrating how far they have come in our society. Oh well, that is my honest opinion on the subject...flame away if you must!

None of this has anything to do with the Troopers or drum corps at all.  Sorry you're angry about it, but maybe DCP isn't the place to throw this out there?

Mike

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dans said:

Jeff,

I understand the tradition of the Troopers. I remember being in awe of the Troopers in the 70's.  I applaud this young woman for becoming the first female head drum major of the Troopers. I'm sure she is very well qualified and deserving. The problem I have is that the current political climate (from the left) in America almost insinuates that women in America are still bound in chains and kept out of sight in the basement. This is absolute hogwash; however, some will argue that women in America are basically still slaves to men. Why do we continue to patronize women instead of celebrating how far they have come in our society. Oh well, that is my honest opinion on the subject...flame away if you must!

While I do agree the issue is a little too politicized for political gain, for a young girl looking at DCI....this is ####### huge. As for the part about slaves etc. I have some strong views that both agree and disagree with what you said, but they would violate the forum guidelines to post. 

 

However I see no patronizing here. I see this as celebrating a role model opportunity. It's proof that girls CAN do anything, even be the lead DM at Troopers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.