Pioneer/DCI Update – September 24th, 2018

The Pioneer Organization and I are very pleased to announce the members of the “interim” Board of Directors: ? Dr. Cecil Austin; PhD in Education, school administrator, served on several boards, drum corps judge, brass instructor for Imperials of St. Patrick and Pioneer. ? Dave Campbell; B.S. in Music Education, Music teacher, served on several […]

View the full article

rumors heard today, not 100% sure if true:

2019 season is cancelled

will be back in world class for 2020

charter buses demanded by dci

wellness and care program will be major improvement

roman will continue in the fundraising arena

dci meeting in AZ will approve the above

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

roman will continue in the fundraising arena

Yikes.  Too bad he can't be extricated from the organization.  

Was this a decision of the new interim board?  I have provided financial support to Pioneer in the past (donations and souvenir purchases mainly) and was prepared to donate to them again.  However, not while he's in any way associated.  I hope this is a rumor.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

Was this a decision of the new interim board?  I have provided financial support to Pioneer in the past (donations and souvenir purchases mainly) and was prepared to donate to them again.  However, not while he's in any way associated.  I hope this is a rumor.

How about a revamp/review of the SOPY (Support Our Pioneer Youth) where you send the money to the corps designated to offset a members dues. Still not sure how this is tax deductible as benefits a person and not a donation to the corps. Plus when I never received confirmation that checks were received i emailed and RB answered. And he blamed the member. Fund raise maybe but keep him out of the books.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

like I said, not 100% sure if it's true or not. if it is, that's the one that truly concerns me. 

• Like 2

The interim Board of Directors can't be  considered in control until they are named officers of Pioneer Corporation.   New  Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, and Secretary.   New board then names or hires  CEO/Corps Director to run corporation.  Is Roman's new position a paid position?   How many of  Roman's family members are still going to be paid employees of Pioneer Corporation?    Whomever controls the money is really in control. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, NewToPosting said:

With all due respect to these other posters. Please  remember this drum corps is here before DCA, DCI  through the dedication and hard work Roman and Sue we may not agree with Roman or Sue in the all aspects of this great  Organization, but it has fulfilled the dreams of many young  kids  including me and I am forever grateful for the experiences that they gave me. 

There are literally thousands of kids who have great memories and experiences please remember that because you don’t agree with him does not mean he’s a great man and wife. Roman and Sue are getting older now we must look for solutions to continue this great organization not be hurtful to these great people they have made mistakes and we must help them with solutions to continue the pioneer family I truly believe that if you cannot make any positive statements or help us find solutions please keep your negative opinions to yourself.  It is very helpful if you can respectfully disagree with in our family and if we can’t solve the problems then you must utilize the means of DCI. 

Let’s all move together forward in a positive and loving way because we are truly a negative world and we don’t need that better every day remember I think we take this for granted may God bless Roman and Sue and his family in thank you from Jesse Reyes ❤️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are divided opinions regarding Roman Blenski and the issues last summer with Pioneer were serious matters, no question. While many want him out and banished, there are some who do agree it was time for him to go and believe he was not up to the task of directing a drum corps, but believe his past contributions should not be ignored.

If his being involved in fundraising turns out to be accurate and he is involved in decision making or handling funds, that could be problematic. If his being involved with fundraising activities such as being present at golf tournaments, putting the current board in touch with donors, etc., that should not be too much of a problem. True some may be angry and may not give, but there are others who might not give if they believe RB was pushed out the door. 

People who do fundraising for a profession are usually pretty savvy and do consulting. Give them the history as well as the most recent issues, and they can make a recommendation regarding RB’s participation that would be objective in a short period of time. This is often what is done with private schools when an administrator who was problematic is removed. 

I know we will never be putting Roman Blenski in the same category as Bill Cook, George Bonfiglio, or Gail Royer, but he’s not in the same category as another infamous director either. 

• Like 4

I'm not suggesting he be removed from the DCI HOF.  I have firsthand seen him defend someone who threatened physical harm against the members and staff.  I can have my own personal opinion - it is my money afterall - that I will choose not to donate to that corps with him still involved, largely because I've seen his decision making skills in in action and I won't support it.  You can have your opinion and do with your money what you would like.  Until he's out, I'm not supporting them financially again.  There are plenty of other organizations who have figured it out.  

He has not been the most fiscally responsible, that's all.  I'm not saying his statues be removed, his name trashed, etc.  I'm just not going to support financially until he has no control over any of the finances.