Pioneer/DCI Update – September 24th, 2018

So he's going to be involved in raising money.  Ok, does that means just getting funds and passing them on?  I'm not gonna jump on the over reaction crowd before I know what is gonna be the final deal.  Too many people getting on the "I don't know anything so lets bash what they are doing" crowd.  

42 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

I'm not suggesting he be removed from the DCI HOF.  I have firsthand seen him defend someone who threatened physical harm against the members and staff.  I can have my own personal opinion - it is my money afterall - that I will choose not to donate to that corps with him still involved, largely because I've seen his decision making skills in in action and I won't support it.  You can have your opinion and do with your money what you would like.  Until he's out, I'm not supporting them financially again.  There are plenty of other organizations who have figured it out.  

He has not been the most fiscally responsible, that's all.  I'm not saying his statues be removed, his name trashed, etc.  I'm just not going to support financially until he has no control over any of the finances.  

thats my concern. I am sure his heart is in the right place. But given all that came out, perception is huge....is having his name involved really that good of an idea?

• Like 1

I thank you for your constructive thoughts, we all have a right to voice our opinions. That,s what makes the USA the greatest country in the world and that’s why I served this country.  My family  has been involved in this Organization since it’s inception. I sincerely hope  Interim board finds the correct individual to take  Pioneer over. This organization has been here  A long time and it may not be the greatest organization but it has survived many crisis. We should get a new board to oversee the operation of the Corp.

Let me state  Roman and Sue  have overseen the financial aspects of this Corp  and have done a good job, if they can continue with the oversight of the board I’m all for it.

Roman has acknowledged he has made some mistakes and this one is a grave mistake. I would be the first one to tell him what the heck you doing .

I truly do believe that this organization is going to  move forward and be better than you can imagine. “I guarantee you “ too many great people have come through this organization and we will help “

”just sit back and watch “ 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

thats my concern. I am sure his heart is in the right place. But given all that came out, perception is huge....is having his name involved really that good of an idea?

In the drum corps world, you are spot on. In the wider community, it depends on how many people read the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel or the Philadelphia Inquirer and believe what they read. 

Other than Scott and Steve....it's still the old Pioneer. RB still making decisions in background. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jrey said:

Roman has acknowledged he has made some mistakes and this one is a grave mistake. I would be the first one to tell him what the heck you doing .

It's one thing to admit mistakes but another to say what those mistakes are. Until I hear specifics I'm not sure he knows what the fuss is about. And more than ONE grave mistake imo.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Isn't it a conflict of interest for Steve Vickers to be on both Madison Scouts Board of Directors and Pioneer's?

That is concerning to me for several reasons. One being fundraising (which is one of the top priorities for any BOD member).

You have two groups under the same parent organization (DCI) directly competing in the same arena for funding.

If I'm sitting on both BODs, and a donor comes along, who do I direct the funds to? I'm sure there are legal

regulations for non-profits around this too.

5 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Isn't it a conflict of interest for Steve Vickers to be on both Madison Scouts Board of Directors and Pioneer's?

That is concerning to me for several reasons. One being fundraising (which is one of the top priorities for any BOD member).

You have two groups under the same parent organization (DCI) directly competing in the same arena for funding.

If I'm sitting on both BODs, and a donor comes along, who do I direct the funds to? I'm sure there are legal

regulations for non-profits around this too.

Of all the things to be concerned about, this is not one of them.

Good BoD members frequently sit on multiple boards in their area of expertise.

It's done all the time in the corporate world and the NP world is no different.

BoD members must meet confidentiality requirements.

Fundraising is not typically done at the BoD level so it's unlikely that there a conflict of interest in money.