Pioneer/DCI Update – September 24th, 2018

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep..  and reading the link see the interim board will be working with the “Pioneer Corporation”. Anyone have any idea what that would be and who is running it?

Google search indicates that's the only reference to it anywhere. It's rather a curious thing. A reasonable guess would be that it's the actual parent organization that holds/owns all of the corps assets, some kind of legal framework to prevent individuals from being personally sued, a reasonable precaution, like the old "Westshoremen, Inc.", Jim.

And... who runs PC?  I have a feeling we all can figure that one out.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep..  and reading the link see the interim board will be working with the “Pioneer Corporation”. Anyone have any idea what that would be and who is running it?

and now it looks like Stewart is off the board. it's a running #### show out there

41 minutes ago, BigW said:

Google search indicates that's the only reference to it anywhere. It's rather a curious thing. A reasonable guess would be that it's the actual parent organization that holds/owns all of the corps assets, some kind of legal framework to prevent individuals from being personally sued, a reasonable precaution, like the old "Westshoremen, Inc.", Jim.

Way back in the 'The Thing' era the corps was sponsored in part by the Pioneer corporation, which made containers of some type.  I think that is where name "Pioneer" came from (I suspect RB would rather have called them something like the Milwaukee Leprechaun Lancers or something like that).

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
more better grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BigW said:

Well in the one or two write ups I saw WSM Inc referred to merger of WSM-BS and Keystone Kavaliers. And after about three years the only KK members left were Filipelli, Geiger, Fawber and Larry Peck(?) off the top of my head.

unless the Inc was used later legally....

dang I should have thought to google... Bravo Zulu as they say here 

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well in the one or two write ups I saw WSM Inc referred to merger of WSM-BS and Keystone Kavaliers. And after about three years the only KK members left were Filipelli, Geiger, Fawber and Larry Peck(?) off the top of my head.

I'm rather certain it was used as a legal term as well. Larry is no fool.

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

the 501c went thru several name changes over the years

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

A quick peek at Guidestar shows the official name of the non-profit organization is "Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps Inc".  Therefore, that would be the Pioneer Corporation.

As the latest news on the Pioneer website points out, Bill Strube is running it.

The interim board, therefore, will be working closely with Bill Strube and his team.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

A quick peek at Guidestar shows the official name of the non-profit organization is "Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps Inc".  Therefore, that would be the Pioneer Corporation.

As the latest news on the Pioneer website points out, Bill Strube is running it.

The interim board, therefore, will be working closely with Bill Strube and his team.

Thanks, definitely not a business major (I was what is now called IT). So no idea that Pioneer Inc = Pioneer Corp.