Pioneer/DCI Update – September 24th, 2018

1 hour ago, rmurrey74 said:

Can’t believe they are letting Roman stay involved.  I hope they don’t get a penny in donations until he’s completely removed. 

What will he be doing, though?  Will he be the CFO?  Will his involvement in "fundraising" be limited to calling bingo on alternate Thursdays?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

What will he be doing, though?  Will he be the CFO?  Will his involvement in "fundraising" be limited to calling bingo on alternate Thursdays?

Maybe they will keep that information “in the corps” like before (sarcasm). For a group that needs to be transparent these vague announcements don’t help

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe they will keep that information “in the corps” like before (sarcasm). For a group that needs to be transparent these vague announcements don’t help

This was not "announced".  So far, all we know is what we heard from Jeff Ream.

22 hours ago, Jrey said:

I thank you for your constructive thoughts, we all have a right to voice our opinions. That,s what makes the USA the greatest country in the world and that’s why I served this country.  My family  has been involved in this Organization since it’s inception. I sincerely hope  Interim board finds the correct individual to take  Pioneer over. This organization has been here  A long time and it may not be the greatest organization but it has survived many crisis. We should get a new board to oversee the operation of the Corp.

Let me state  Roman and Sue  have overseen the financial aspects of this Corp  and have done a good job, if they can continue with the oversight of the board I’m all for it.

Roman has acknowledged he has made some mistakes and this one is a grave mistake. I would be the first one to tell him what the heck you doing .

I truly do believe that this organization is going to  move forward and be better than you can imagine. “I guarantee you “ too many great people have come through this organization and we will help “

”just sit back and watch “ 

Have they though? Schlepping the country in those beat up busses? Is that financially a good job? They should by all rights out of there.

11 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Isn't it a conflict of interest for Steve Vickers to be on both Madison Scouts Board of Directors and Pioneer's?

That is concerning to me for several reasons. One being fundraising (which is one of the top priorities for any BOD member).

You have two groups under the same parent organization (DCI) directly competing in the same arena for funding.

If I'm sitting on both BODs, and a donor comes along, who do I direct the funds to? I'm sure there are legal

regulations for non-profits around this too.

well...no. With Steve's connections, he can point the board in several directions to explore.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It's one thing to admit mistakes but another to say what those mistakes are. Until I hear specifics I'm not sure he knows what the fuss is about. And more than ONE grave mistake imo.

Violation of DCI's Code of Conduct and Ethics is enough of a violation to raise serious concern.

18 minutes ago, BigW said:

Violation of DCI's Code of Conduct and Ethics is enough of a violation to raise serious concern.

Yep I was thinking telling members to keep in the in Corps was wth #1.  And the reasons why members would call DCI as numbers 2....n.

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep I was thinking telling members to keep in the in Corps was wth #1.  And the reasons why members would call DCI as numbers 2....n.

Also the recent newspaper interview indicated a realization that it was a mistake, but more that it was a mistake because other people believe it to be so, not because they believe it to have been a mistake in their own beliefs and judgement.

5 minutes ago, BigW said:

Also the recent newspaper interview indicated a realization that it was a mistake, but more that it was a mistake because other people believe it to be so, not because they believe it to have been a mistake in their own beliefs and judgement.

Yep..  and reading the link see the interim board will be working with the “Pioneer Corporation”. Anyone have any idea what that would be and who is running it?