George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

5 minutes ago, oldestoftheold said:

Finally. 

• Like 2

I'm not surprised...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

More than one if we are serious about removing all deviants. 

I’m referring specifically to Hopkins and the WDCHOF 

20 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

More than one if we are serious about removing all deviants. 

Are you implying others in the DCI Hall of Fame? That may difficult, given that Hopkins is the only person, so far, being investigated for criminal activity. Any others that are based on speculations and/or rumors would be difficult to remove. For example, if you're referring to Roman Blenski, even though he was ousted from Pioneer, it would be hard for the voting members to remove, IMO, based on how things went down and what is being suggested.

7 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Are you implying others in the DCI Hall of Fame? That may difficult, given that Hopkins is the only person, so far, being investigated for criminal activity. Any others that are based on speculations and/or rumors would be difficult to remove. For example, if you're referring to Roman Blenski, even though he was ousted from Pioneer, it would be hard for the voting members to remove, IMO, based on how things went down and what is being suggested.

I think some people have expected more heads to roll, and have suggested that the reason they have not is due to people not willing or ready to come forward.  I do not think we are going to see a huge removal of people from the DCI Hall of Fame largely because most are well deserving of the honor and while some have their quirks (by quirk I do not mean sexual misconduct or substance abuse), they are people of character and their accomplishments laudable. As I say this, there are some who do have reputations and I think we are currently seeing in society that even if this behavior happened in the past, excuses such as it was the 70's, the 80's, the culture, etc. are no longer is acceptable. If the accusations are deemed credible, whether dead or alive, people will be removed.

30 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Roman is way down on that list. The bigger fish is a former director or a couple of top 12 corps

• Like 1