George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

6 hours ago, garfield said:

He'd have to prove damages.  If he's acquitted, I would think the Cadets would then be more at risk than the HOF.

well i think financial issues discovered would be more than enough

Actually, the various hall of fames can decide who is on their lists, so my thoughts are moot.

It looks bad for Hopkins to be on them, so regardless of anything else, I'm good with him being removed even if he is acquitted.

• Like 1

Has his trial had any updates?

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

True.  But how would that work?  There are still a dozen accusers.  Only two of them are slated to go to trial.

Well, I'm no lawyer of course but, if he's acquitted in this case, the others can proceed I'd guess.  It's hard for me to accept that circumstances are not of prime consideration in each case and, to a sufficient degree in my pea brain, the cases are different enough to address each one separately.

I'd also expect the case against him to rely heavily on the continual and habitual component of his motivations over several/many years.  A pattern, per se. that would bolster the cases of each, again to my untrained eye.

If each case is dismissed or he's acquitted in each, wouldn't he have a case against Cadets for firing him for this cause?  His income potential until his chosen retirement date from any and all YEA! organizations he earned from, plus costs, and maybe penalties for tarnishing his reputation and ability to gain employment in his professional field

I'm bloviating.  I'm no lawyer.  I'm Schultz and you should ignore everything I say in this post.

Edited by garfield

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If this is against the guidelines, just remove it, mods. Several people have asked for updates.  

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-39-CR-0005538-2018&dnh=ydjtESJlJf%2fH60wd1QajOg%3d%3d

Thanks, Terri!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

Then there is the Innocence Project of Yeshiva U/U.of Chicago/Northwestern U and a number of reputable law schools who have found over 350 wrongfully convicted persons in the US currently behind bars. DNA is one method of proving innocence that judges, lawyers, and juries miss. You might check out their website.

This is true but, unless there is something like Monica's blue dress, I doubt DNA will play a role in the current criminal case against GH. 

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i think financial issues discovered would be more than enough

Yes - If he did somehow end up suing YEA, then YEA could enter into evidence any and all financial shenanigans from over the years.

But, regardless of what side prevails in court the real winners will be the lawyer$.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

True.  But how would that work?  There are still a dozen accusers.  Only two of them are slated to go to trial.

I thought that the reason there are only two in the actual charge against GH is that the balance are all beyond the statute of limitations, similar to the Cosby case where only a single woman's case was within the statute.

Personally I hope the HOF is not tying any such removal decision to the legal outcome of the case. 

• Like 1