George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

The fact of the matter is, most of the assaults for the women that came forward happened in the 80’s happened on tour, so there’s no way NJ will be able to press criminal charges for those anyway.

However, civil complaints are a totally different story.  The only issue is that I was told that you only have up until the age of 55 to file a civil complaint.   Why they arrived at that age, who knows. 🙄

Edited by Spinning
grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spinning said:

The fact of the matter is, most of the assaults for the women that came forward happened in the 80’s happened on tour, so there’s no way NJ will be able to press criminal charges for those anyway.

However, civil complaints are a totally different story.  The only issue is that I was told that you only have up until the age of 55 to file a civil complaint.   Why they arrived at that age, who knows. 🙄

Civil cases are decided on preponderance of evidence vs reasonable doubt for criminal.  OJ was acquitted in criminal case but lost civil to the amount of $45M+, so there is still potential for legal redress in NJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Huh? Why was this George Hopkins fellow even in the DCI hall of fame? 

I've never even heard of him!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Huh? Why was this George Hopkins fellow even in the DCI hall of fame? 

I've never even heard of him!

It's required to speak of him in each and every thread on DCP. Pretty sure it's in the TOC's you agreed to when you signed up for the site.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

It's required to speak of him in each and every thread on DCP. Pretty sure it's in the TOC's you agreed to when you signed up for the site.

Just like signing up to read GH threads even if you’re not interested and just want to gripe about them.  😈

As my old man would say “no ones holding a gun to your head”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I think it's more of a game than a requirement at this point. The goal is to see how many times you can mention GH in unrelated threads and try to make the reference relate-able. It's kind of like the "meow" game meets the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. 

46 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think it's more of a game than a requirement at this point. The goal is to see how many times you can mention GH in unrelated threads and try to make the reference relate-able. It's kind of like the "meow" game meets the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. 

How cute that you can speak so flippantly about a perv (allegedly) who messed up a lot of people’s lives (allegedly). 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

How cute that you can speak so flippantly about a perv (allegedly) who messed up a lot of people’s lives (allegedly). 

If you have read ANY of my other posts supporting the survivors of the GH incident as well as other incidents of predatory behavior, you would realize that you're barking up the wrong tree with me. I don't expect you to pay attention to what I've said in the past because it seems that you have an itchy trigger finger and the mindset to react before you actually think. 

Try reading before you fling mud please. I responded to a comment regarding the number of times that GH is mentioned across multiple threads that have literally NOTHING to do with him. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1