George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Thanks. I just noticed something else about the WDCHOF. Roman Blenski is a member. George Bonfiglio was never inducted. Good quality control there. You could probably go on and on, but WDCHOF is so discredited in my mind now that it’s pretty much a joke. 

Anyone know how someone gets into the WDCHOF? Does one have to be nominated with all the paperwork etc etc or does the board sit around and say “who should we put in”. 

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I would say no. For one thing being a member of the Hall of Fame is a privilege and honor, not a right. Second, DCI and YEA deemed the accusations as credible. Remember too, an accusation of rape often has little to do with whether sexual activity took place, it is based on consent. Did the accuser consent or was the accuser able to consent is critical. So even if he is found not guilty, he is not declared innocent, and you still have the boundary issues.

This.

7 hours ago, garfield said:

With a Board like this - Isn't Rich the father of Kristy?  And isn't (wasn't) she GH's girlfriend? - it's easy to see why the organization is mostly an unknown tribute to Hop.

Probably a brain cell-saving effort to just forget about it.  It's almost assured that this bunch won't hang him until he's convicted.

the amount of friends on this list is smaller than you think. I'm pretty sure this has been a very discussed issue.....especially who is on the board that has had issues with their own corps

6 hours ago, rmm155 said:

Pre-trial hearing on 8/20 which was supposed to be on 7/24 has now moved to 9/18.

ah I hadn't seen that posted anywhere. thanks

6 hours ago, E3D said:

Taking the same attitude as some others on another thread. 

this is all still just alleged and until proven guilty no reason to discuss. 

Not my opinion just being sarcastic due to the thick headed opinions on another thread concerning a couple of other corps. 

:sarcasm:

I can't disagree. While my...uh...views are no secret, I agree....no formal conviction is on the record

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Thanks. I just noticed something else about the WDCHOF. Roman Blenski is a member. George Bonfiglio was never inducted. Good quality control there. You could probably go on and on, but WDCHOF is so discredited in my mind now that it’s pretty much a joke. 

was Bonfiglio nominated? they don't just pick names out of the air

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

was Bonfiglio nominated? they don't just pick names out of the air

Was he Not nominated?  How could that possibly be?  Also, he’s not exactly an “out of the air” kind of pick.  But Roman’s in there!  And George Hopkins. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

many people in drum corps know about it. Several people are in both halls of fame. One chose to actin accordance with a massive public outcry based on reports in a newspaper, and one didn't. For all we know, DCI removed him because of what they found out about the administrative issues at YEA and not the allegations that i think were uspposed to start being heard in court this week.

Um. Yes. Stating the obvious.  One removed him. One didn’t. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Was he Not nominated?  How could that possibly be?  Also, he’s not exactly an “out of the air” kind of pick.  But Roman’s in there!  And George Hopkins. 

Maybe someone asked GB about WDCHOF and he turned it down. Know it has happened with another DCHOF with other people

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1