George Hopkins removed from DCI Hall of Fame

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe someone asked GB about WDCHOF and he turned it down. Know it has happened with another DCHOF with other people

Sure. Maybe. And none of the dozen plus board members ever looked around and said, hey, we’re missing someone. Yeah. Sure. No excuses are possible here. Yet, for some weird reason, some of you appear to be twisting logic to make excuses for the WDCHOF.  Interesting. 

51 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Sure. Maybe. And none of the dozen plus board members ever looked around and said, hey, we’re missing someone. Yeah. Sure. No excuses are possible here. Yet, for some weird reason, some of you appear to be twisting logic to make excuses for the WDCHOF.  Interesting. 

I gave a possible answer based on knowing at least one DCHOC will not induct people without their permission. Which means “we’re missing someone” doesn’t mean squat.

To paraphrase you, for some weird reason you keep accusing people of something (no idea what) and far as we know have never contacted WDCHOF to ask. And there is a Contact Us webpage.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2

Funny as Hades timing as just got an email saying two of my former corps mates will be inducted into WDCHOF as associate members. Not saying names without their permission as neither posts here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Anyone know how someone gets into the WDCHOF? Does one have to be nominated with all the paperwork etc etc or does the board sit around and say “who should we put in”. 

I believe the nomination process is on their website.  A much more open procedure than it was back in the day, IMO, when it sure seemed to be an "old boys club." 

Whatever the issues are with GH and RB... the WDCHOF has a ton of big names from senior/all age, and DCI, in the ranks. I don't think you'll find any of them calling the Hall a farce, irrelevant, or any such thing. And I don't recall any of them rejecting the honor for any reasons.

If a deserving person has slipped through the cracks... and the one name that's been mentioned is a huge "slip" for sure... then someone should step up and submit a nomination of that person. It's not the first time a Hall of Fame... anywhere, for anything... is late to the gate on inducting someone who should have been there years before. For instance, why did it take the DCI Hall of Fame so long to get around to Brandt Crocker?

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Was he Not nominated?  How could that possibly be?  Also, he’s not exactly an “out of the air” kind of pick.  But Roman’s in there!  And George Hopkins. 

i don't know, I'm not in the Hall. ask a member

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Um. Yes. Stating the obvious.  One removed him. One didn’t. 

and the crime is? I see both sides. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

for all we know, the hall president recused himself from any discussions of Hopkins given the ties. I can tell you looking at that list, there's not a gaggle of blind Hopkins apologists.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Waiting for trial and verdict?

Yea, what happens if he is acquitted?

A lot of people will be eating crow.

17 hours ago, rmm155 said:

Pre-trial hearing on 8/20 which was supposed to be on 7/24 has now moved to 9/18.

Yes - I saw that too.  Court cased get postponed & rescheduled (the legal system calls it 'continued') quite often - sometimes for years.

I am still on-track w/ my prediction we will know the 2020 DCI champion before any trial actually starts.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

was Bonfiglio nominated? they don't just pick names out of the air

I don’t know. I’m not in the hall. Ask a member. 

• Haha 1