Pioneer Interim Board Member Knowingly Allowed Registered Sex Offender to March in his Corps

2 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

At some point, I do wish they would learn the value of transparency.  I don't think anyone is expecting them to be perfect, but when they learn of things they need to correct, knowing that corrective action was taken can only help them, even if just in perception.  Cadets were cited as handling their issues well and it was because they were transparent and inclusive in what was going on.  It's a turbulent time and I wish them well - hopefully they come back stronger than ever once all is said and done.  

I think Pioneer is learning the value of transparency. Once it was pointed out that Scott Stewart enabled a sex offender in his organization, Pioneer removed him from the interim board, which is why he is no longer listed on the corps' website. There is much that the corps has to learn, but it's happening now. It will take awhile, but I believe the new board and CEO are making the correct moves and actions. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Still there.

Who's still at SCV who should be gone?

1 hour ago, Tim78 said:

I think Pioneer is learning the value of transparency. Once it was pointed out that Scott Stewart enabled a sex offender in his organization, Pioneer removed him from the interim board, which is why he is no longer listed on the corps' website. There is much that the corps has to learn, but it's happening now. It will take awhile, but I believe the new board and CEO are making the correct moves and actions. 

here's the thing. Based on the links provided, and following DCP and RAMD, Larson's name and record has been well known, yet he kept getting gigs or allowed to march....and Scott was responsible for Capitolaires and Kilties. ( How Cavies didnt know I have no idea....this guy hasn't been a secret. I'm not from the midwest and I know about him). So the optics on this are bad right away. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

here's the thing. Based on the links provided, and following DCP and RAMD, Larson's name and record has been well known, yet he kept getting gigs or allowed to march....and Scott was responsible for Capitolaires and Kilties. ( How Cavies didnt know I have no idea....this guy hasn't been a secret. I'm not from the midwest and I know about him). So the optics on this are bad right away. 

I agree, optics on this are bad right away, which is why the Interim Board of Directors removed him within 48 hours of the information being presented to them. I would call that being transparent and sending a message that they are operating in the best manner possible. Now I want to know who at SCV should be investigated, as rmurrey74 said is still there. 

23 minutes ago, Tim78 said:

I agree, optics on this are bad right away, which is why the Interim Board of Directors removed him within 48 hours of the information being presented to them. I would call that being transparent and sending a message that they are operating in the best manner possible. Now I want to know who at SCV should be investigated, as rmurrey74 said is still there. 

Witnesses, people willing to testify would be needed if the accusations are true.. Until then, people's hands are tied. Patience and prudence. The way things have been going, it'll eventually catch up to anyone who's been doing wrong.

2 hours ago, Tim78 said:

This should have been known prior to naming him. This has NOT been a secret. 

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

here's the thing. Based on the links provided, and following DCP and RAMD, Larson's name and record has been well known, yet he kept getting gigs or allowed to march....and Scott was responsible for Capitolaires and Kilties.

Kilties, yes... but how was Scott Stewart responsible for Capitolaires?