Madison Scouts Welcome Chuck Naffier As Brass Caption Manager

The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce Chuck Naffier as the Brass Caption Manager. Chuck has been involved in the marching arts activity for close to 40 years as a performer, instructor, arranger, composer, and program coordinator. He holds a Bachelor’s of Music Education degree from the University of Northern Colorado and is currently pursuing […]

View the full article

26 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

A middle school band director???

Clearly you aren't familiar with all he has done in the activity. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Clearly you aren't familiar with all he has done in the activity. 

Is he or is he not a middle school band director? He taught the Colts and Crossmen. Woot woot.  Not exactly a world class resume. I was all for change but this one seems risky. Then again, things cant get much worse for the Scouts. BUT...Chuck is a jazz guy so if Madison goes back to jazz I'm in.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Is he or is he not a middle school band director? I was all for change but this one seems risky. Then again, things cant get much worse for the Scouts.

so because he's a middle school band director means he is unqualified? The guy helped make the colts a finalist, and in fact, they haven't been as good since he left. His work at Crossmen stands out as some of their best years since the 90's, as well as some work with DCA corps. So yeah, he's a middle school band director. He's also earned his reputation as one of the good brass people in the activity

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Is he or is he not a middle school band director? He taught the Colts and Crossmen. Woot woot.  Not exactly a world class resume. I was all for change but this one seems risky. Then again, things cant get much worse for the Scouts.

Here: http://www.madisonscouts.org/2018/10/madison-scouts-welcome-chuck-naffier-brass-caption-manager/

I'm sure this won't mean anything, but it's worth a shot. But I'm sure nothing Madison will ever do again will live up to 1981.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so because he's a middle school band director means he is unqualified? The guy helped make the colts a finalist, and in fact, they haven't been as good since he left. His work at Crossmen stands out as some of their best years since the 90's, as well as some work with DCA corps. So yeah, he's a middle school band director. He's also earned his reputation as one of the good brass people in the activity

I love that a brilliant musicians day job disqualifies him in some people's minds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tesmusic said:

Here: http://www.madisonscouts.org/2018/10/madison-scouts-welcome-chuck-naffier-brass-caption-manager/

I'm sure this won't mean anything, but it's worth a shot. But I'm sure nothing Madison will ever do again will live up to 1981.

FINALLY we agree on something.

2 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I love that a brilliant musicians day job disqualifies him in some people's minds. 

probably mad they weren't called

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

FINALLY we agree on something.

Too bad that corps couldn't live up to their potential.