Madison Scouts Welcome Chuck Naffier As Brass Caption Manager

I have hidden a couple of over-the-top personal attack posts.

Please keep the thread free of purely personal attacks, no matter what the temptation. Support those you wish to support, but please keep the thread out of the gutter.

Thanks.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, monoemono said:

My elementary/middle school band director was the finest music teacher I ever had, and it's not even close. I'm also willing to bet that he's a better brass player than 99.9%  of the people teaching in the activity, most of them also by a wide margin. The idea that someone would automatically be unqualified to teach the Madison Scouts brass because they teach middle school band is one of the more laughably ridiculous things I've seen on this board.

I loved my middle school band director, too!  He was a great fan of drum corps back when it wasn’t popular for a band director to be a fan.  He’d play old Fleetwoods of Cabs, Sky, and Yankee Rebels for us.  Our marching band played Espana Cani and Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White. 

He arranged for Norwood Park to have camp at our school.  I came and watched every day and joined the next September. 

He changed my life.  So never underestimate a middle school band director.  

• Like 2

not everybody knows the resumes of dci greats like mr. naffier, sadly.

i couldn't help laughing at the middle school band director comment. no need to get angry. 

check out his arrangement of summertime for the colts in 93, and tell me if he's a good fit for madison

Edited by Lance

On 10/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, FlamMan said:

A middle school band director???

Since I responded when you trolled the "Staff Merry-Go-Round" thread with a similar comment, I'll respond with a similar comment here:

Yes, a middle school band director. I was a middle school band director for 25 years, even during the brief time I taught HS. I'd like to think that the hornlines I've taught were at least better than average.

Also, I've been waiting for the official announcement to do this:

Congrats Chuck!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ghost said:

So, he was the one who introduced you to Jim.

Great sig Ghost!

1 hour ago, fecontra said:

Arranger X - re you folks kidding ? Crossmen ?

Not Guidry I think his name was?

Edited by Jeff Ream