Stuart Pompel Accepts Position As Pacific Crest’s First CEO

Pacific Crest is excited to announce that for the first time in its 25 year history, the organization will employ a full-time CEO to oversee the corps’ longterm growth. Moving into the position is Executive Director Stuart Pompel. The news was shared with members, families, and staff at Pacific Crest’s annual banquet on September 9th. […]

View the full article

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCP NewsFeed said:

Pacific Crest is excited to announce that for the first time in its 25 year history, the organization will employ a full-time CEO to oversee the corps’ longterm growth. Moving into the position is Executive Director Stuart Pompel. The news was shared with members, families, and staff at Pacific Crest’s annual banquet on September 9th. […]

View the full article

Outstanding organization and perfect position for Stuart.

• Like 2

In this environment I think it's worthwhile pointing out things in the drum corps activity that are going well.

PC is a leader in the development and publication of policies and procedures to guide their behavior, and it makes those P&P public for any and all other orgs to use and implement as they choose.  Since the beginning of 2018 I know personally that other orgs have similar P&P and there's lots of willingness to share.

I've heard for years that struggling corps simply need to ask more successful corps for advice and they'll get it.  PC and others are demonstrating a more proactive approach by taking away an excuse of "We didn't know how to..."  The DCI Board Consortium is a great resource and PC runs parallel meetings for corps participating in their Pasadena show and is meant to help expose other CA corps to the eastern participants and their geographical challenges.

In my view, I suspect these organic P&Ps, which are based local geographic conditions, could combine and morph into a group of activity-wide P&P with sufficient flexibility to make them both useful and usable.

Stuart's leadership of this org's team of staff and exceptionally-active Board is one to emulate and, If it's true, as I believe, that long-term NP success is built on a foundation of business pillars that drive actions, this is a fine example, IMO:

http://www.pacific-crest.org/policies/