Sure Hope This Never Happens in DCI or DCA

Don’t have to be a politician to be tone deaf. Idiotic idea band staff. And that would be my opinion (for personal reasons) even if there had not been a local shooting

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sure, that's a difficult image to look at, but what is the context of the show? Are we forgetting about all the hangings, shootings, stabbings, and depictions of slavery in past DCI shows? I don't really see this as being any different. 

I do however think that whatever is going on in that show is probably a bit inappropriate for High School. Walking around campus with fake rifles is never a good idea. 

Edited by rancidrolla
  • Thanks 1

According to Facebook, it is reenacting a  scene from the movie "John Q" but those who have seen the show live as well as the movie claim it's an inaccurate portrayal. 

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

The very design process that includes using fake guns pointing at people is just ridiculous in this day and age. No possible excuse for this, IMO.

Agree. So how many school shootings have we had this year but showing gun violence is considered "entertainment"? 

Disclaimer: lost an ancestor due to this and know first hand how badly it affected everyone. 

Hope corps have more sense but sometimes people's wanting to show how great they are at "art" overrides everything. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3