2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

Aright, it’s Dec. 1st.

What is going on, DCI? Why are you so bad at this? Am I seriously not going to have my discs before Christmas?

If my yearly tradition of watching Finals with my dad is ruined because DCI lawyers are incompetent...

55 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Aright, it’s Dec. 1st.

What is going on, DCI? Why are you so bad at this? Am I seriously not going to have my discs before Christmas?

If my yearly tradition of watching Finals with my dad is ruined because DCI lawyers are incompetent...

I feel your pain, but I personally would rather have it delivered in February with complete shows than in December with three or four corps missing 2, 3, or even 4 minutes due to licensing.  If it takes that long for DCI to negotiate with Tresona and the publishers and come to an agreement to get full shows, I’m all for it.  The most favored nation clause I believe is what is killing DCI financially and causing things to slow down when negotiating, and ultimately sometimes causing DCI to have to omit portions of shows.  

3 hours ago, leed17 said:

I feel your pain, but I personally would rather have it delivered in February with complete shows than in December with three or four corps missing 2, 3, or even 4 minutes due to licensing.  If it takes that long for DCI to negotiate with Tresona and the publishers and come to an agreement to get full shows, I’m all for it.  The most favored nation clause I believe is what is killing DCI financially and causing things to slow down when negotiating, and ultimately sometimes causing DCI to have to omit portions of shows.  

They need to start earlier or something then. Honestly I don’t know or care, just get it done. I’ve been watching finals with my aging father on Christmas Eve for over a decade now. They need to figure it out.

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

They need to start earlier or something then. Honestly I don’t know or care, just get it done. I’ve been watching finals with my aging father on Christmas Eve for over a decade now. They need to figure it out.

You can't start the process necessary for video until the show has been performed.  If you want opening night performance, you can apply after first show. If you want finals performance, you can't start until after finals.  The rights holders can't be given a visual product to accept before it is performed.  Same reason why Flo can't show recorded material.

Edited by cage

57 minutes ago, cage said:

You can't start the process necessary for video until the show has been performed.  If you want opening night performance, you can apply after first show. If you want finals performance, you can't start until after finals.  The rights holders can't be given a visual product to accept before it is performed.  Same reason why Flo can't show recorded material.

That’s absolutely ridiculous.

These laws need to be changed.

2 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

That’s absolutely ridiculous.

These laws need to be changed.

Ok, but we are not supposed to talk politics on here.  I got reprimanded years ago for a post that was deemed political

4 minutes ago, cage said:

Ok, but we are not supposed to talk politics on here.  I got reprimanded years ago for a post that was deemed political

I’m not talking politics though.

Like I don’t care what has to happen, I just need to be able to watch the prior year’s finals on Christmas Eve. That should NOT be a problem. DCI needs to figure it out.

Edited by jeffmolnar

I believe you should be able to find them online somewhere, although I am certainly not advocating that.  Seriously though, I would just tell your Congress person and senator that you really need to see the DCI finals video and they may make all intellectual property rights public domain before Christmas.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

FYI....it's not always DCi's fault. Sometimes the publishers dick around because they can

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

I’m not talking politics though.

Like I don’t care what has to happen, I just need to be able to watch the prior year’s finals on Christmas Eve. That should NOT be a problem. DCI needs to figure it out.

DCi doesn't have the money to fight Tresona and the system. You'd need thousands of organizations to fight for a change. And they still wouldn't have deep enough pockets

• Thanks 1