2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

11 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I feel like you guys aren’t even reading what I’m suggesting. Because all that I’d like to see done is for DCI to publicize the information about why certain pieces were cut. Who was responsible and why. That’s free.

I get where you're coming from, but DCI has nothing to gain by taking such an adversarial stance against Tresona, especially considering the troubles in 2014.  I don't think there was ever a legal settlement in that case; merely an acknowledgement by DCI to "do better," so that can of worms could theoretically be reopened if DCI were to start scarlet lettering rights holders.

(Regarding the overarching discussion, I wholeheartedly support a much broader educational/nonprofit exemption for music groups.)

Mike

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I feel like you guys aren’t even reading what I’m suggesting. Because all that I’d like to see done is for DCI to publicize the information about why certain pieces were cut. Who was responsible and why. That’s free.

You’re talking about getting a lawyer to write a better contract but I have bad reading comprehension because I didn’t know you were talking about publicity... huh

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

I get where you're coming from, but DCI has nothing to gain by taking such an adversarial stance against Tresona, especially considering the troubles in 2014.  I don't think there was ever a legal settlement in that case; merely an acknowledgement by DCI to "do better," so that can of worms could theoretically be reopened if DCI were to start scarlet lettering rights holders.

(Regarding the overarching discussion, I wholeheartedly support a much broader educational/nonprofit exemption for music groups.)

Mike

a check was cut to settle some old disputes. Not a small one either. at least one comma was involved after the decimal point

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Isn’t that about the time DCI or someone was getting tight with unauthorized yt vids? Or did that come out of this?

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

The artist said no and they do not need to say why.  Just like if you ask to use my car I don’t have to give you a reason why.

• Like 1

Actually better yet I can put conditions on that use.  You can use it but you can’t paint it ( rearrange the music). I can also say that I don’t like the way you used my car and say that you can’t use it anymore.

Edited by cage

16 minutes ago, cage said:

The artist said no and they do not need to say why.  Just like if you ask to use my car I don’t have to give you a reason why.

but come on, i need to use your car! it's tradition!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cage said:

Actually better yet I can put conditions on that use.  You can use it but you can’t paint it ( rearrange the music). I can also say that I don’t like the way you used my car and say that you can’t use it anymore.

And none of your buddies can use it either....  And pay for using the #### gas!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

a check was cut to settle some old disputes. Not a small one either. at least one comma was involved after the decimal point

Ah, in that case it actually was settled.  I'd still think DCI gains little by antagonizing Tresona and publishing requests for cuts, etc. 

Mike

1 hour ago, cage said:

But if I am educating kids, I should be able to take your car without even asking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1