2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

23 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

Do you have a FedEx account? I got a notification through them but not DCI. 

Nope. What’s your delivery date? I paid for whatever the fastest shipping was.

10 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

I also got the 1-Day shipping, and it's arriving tomorrow by 10:30am.

Finally figured out the FedEx thing. Looks like mine is coming at the same time.

ill believe it when I see it. 😝 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Arrived. The endless wait is over.

You could let us  know your overall thoughts on the audio sound, and the camera work for all the Corps in general for this years edition, after you've had a chance to play them. My hunch is that its going to be pretty good, off the little I've seen/ heard so far.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You could let us  know your overall thoughts on the audio sound, and the camera work for all the Corps in general for this years edition, after you've had a chance to play them. My hunch is that its going to be pretty good, off the little I've seen/ heard so far.

Only watched SCV so far, and the camera work is mostly stellar. Solid changes that highlight the soloists in the ballad. The only bummer is focussing on the battery and tubas too much during the dancing segment. I get that it's supposed to be their feature, but I found the dancing hornline to be far more entertaining. High cam is the best way to see that, which isn't ideal for how I like to watch drum corps.

Can't comment on audio yet as I haven't had the chance to watch in my home theater. I should get some shows in later tonight. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oof, the Cavaliers cut is rough. The show just starts right at Bolero, so skips the entire beginning. No "please welcome to the field," nothing. I thought I had skipped a chapter or something but nope. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

oof, the Cavaliers cut is rough. The show just starts right at Bolero, so skips the entire beginning. No "please welcome to the field," nothing. I thought I had skipped a chapter or something but nope. 

I don't think there was any other way to do that, though. It looks like the humming from the intro to the field and show announcement was a violation, which bleeds into the pit entrance and the Bolero whistling.

Although speaking of transitions, the one for Mandarins was done beautifully!