2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

2 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Not picking  on you here individually just easy to quote your comment to make my comments regarding who people watch first when they receive their Blu-ray’s. 😊  To give every corps a  fair shot for viewing I always put all the corps names in a hat and pick them out randomly and that determines the order in which I watch the corps.   It’s a lot of fun to see who comes out where and it’s really rough when a favorite performance gets picked next to last for viewing but it is what it is. believe me I have my favorites too 🙂

Hah. I just put disc one in and hit play. So there wasn’t much “I wanna see x first” on my part.  I certainly enjoy them all. 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

In reply to who do you watch first- i just play the DVD's - these shows are wonderful and i tip my cap to these wonderful players - you all did yourselves proud = there is something to like in every performance

Maybe had been previously brought up., but was curious if there's ever been any discussion of DCI producing an Alumni Corps disc? Probably a niche market for such, but it'd be nice to have the best alumni performances through the years all in one. 

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Maybe had been previously brought up., but was curious if there's ever been any discussion of DCI producing an Alumni Corps disc? Probably a niche market for such, but it'd be nice to have the best alumni performances through the years all in one. 

i brought it up The Kingsmen Cavies 888 Royalaires SCV Madison Bridgemen  with an original DCI performance would be wonderful Be prepared for the usual posters to say NO NO NO) and blame it on Tresona

Thanks, fecontra, I concur completely. The YouTube vids are nice to have available, but with the popularity and nostalgic value of Alum corps rising, an all-star blu ray might be a hit. 

15 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

licensing

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Thanks, fecontra, I concur completely. The YouTube vids are nice to have available, but with the popularity and nostalgic value of Alum corps rising, an all-star blu ray might be a hit. 

actually activity wide, alumni corps is falling off. most of what goes to DCI week is one off's for special anniversaries.

Speaking of videos popular in drum corps, R.I.P. Bruno Ganz (1941-2019), the German actor best known in the U.S. for playing Hitler in Downfall (Der Untergang) (2004), and thus the star of countless Youtube videos--including a number with drum corps themes that were shared in this forum--in which the German ruler's rants were re-subtitled so that he seemed to be complaining about some current topic.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, Jeff Ream said:

actually activity wide, alumni corps is falling off. most of what goes to DCI week is one off's for special anniversaries.

are you a true drumcorpsfan or just a drumcorpsplanet hack your alumni needs you Ray Priester told me in spite of your posts you are ok