2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

No, there was an entire piece of music removed.  Seeing as I never had to worry about it, I truly don't remember.....but it has been covered on here a LOT.  I'm sure somebody can chime in with the details.

58 minutes ago, wonker said:

Tom,

In case it has not been said yet.....thank you so much for taking the time to respond to us here on DCP and update us on the process!  You do great work, we just wish that somehow all of it could be seen years down the line.  Thanks for all you do!

Darren

Thank you!  And I'm sure you know, I'm a huge fan, all the way back to my first show in 1974.  (Of course, I was VERY young) 😏

It kills us to take stuff out on two levels:  1. Hate to see anything that these guys perform removed and 2. A whole lot of people (my crew) just worked our butts off to cover every nuance we could.  We might be more frustrated than anyone.

I'll wave as I drive through GR on Friday morning!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

If some year in the future, if there is no more rights issues for DCI/corps, will the corps, who had their performance chopped up, have a full show DVD marketed?

It would be possible, assuming DCI has the resources to re-open very old communications with publishers who have already denied sync rights (multiplied by all the corps and all the years involved) and convince them to change their minds.  Of course, DVD will be only a memory at that point. 

I'll say this, in the volatile world of music, artists, composer, publishers and rights fees, I'd be a lot more comfortable with my favorite years sitting on my shelf than relying on a service that could be terminated with a mouse click.  We love the convenience of on-demand but...

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, TRBlair said:

The CDs are available now.  They are a different mix, specifically for 2-channel stereo.  Please don't hyperventilate! 

Yeah I already have those, you did great work on isolating some of the mic'd soloists. I imagine it wasn't always straightforward.

The surround mix is what excites me the most though. I actually have a pretty serious home theater, the only drum corps content that does it justice are your Blu-rays.

Speaking of which, do you have any contact with the people at Flo? Can you teach them what bitrate is? 😅

Edited by jeffmolnar

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

That would be real nice and to sweeten the pie add a Multiview option so each of the four cameras are shown in their entirety, nothing is missed. That's what BOX 5 did for DCA this year. I prefer that over the high cam or multicamera streams way better for drum corps. In addition if past years still have their individual camera video data in tack. I would take it all in Multiview. Bring back Phantom's company front at the end and still show the Drum Major Fight at finals. That would be one heck of a Legacy Series. 

you mean when Box5 stayed plugged in right? And no dvd's on the DCA side or cd's yet again

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you mean when Box5 stayed plugged in right? And no dvd's on the DCA side or cd's yet again

37 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The coffee was good but at CTs expense. Surprised no media to sell, again not really knowing anything I assumed the switch to BOX 5 was for just that, that's what they do for College Bands and others produce media. 

Are there any rumors on when the 2018 bluRays will be available for purchase? 

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

The coffee was good but at CTs expense. Surprised no media to sell, again not really knowing anything I assumed the switch to BOX 5 was for just that, that's what they do for College Bands and others produce media. 

not surprised at all. the number of units sold for DCA is drastically smaller than DCI. DCA  would never see a dime in profit because of the cost of licensing.  my hunch for the switch was A) Cost, and B) that stadium didn't offer the power needed for Flo