2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

Are there any rumors on when the 2018 bluRays will be available for purchase? 

preorder now.

and Mr. Blair, thank you again for all you do. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not surprised at all. the number of units sold for DCA is drastically smaller than DCI. DCA  would never see a dime in profit because of the cost of licensing.  my hunch for the switch was A) Cost, and B) that stadium didn't offer the power needed for Flo

I learned not to doubt you thanks for the clarification . That stadium was not to friendly to the corps especially the Alumni Corps would had to make it up a big hill, fans also had some hills I heard. Then unplugging the feed to make coffee I remember beer being the beverage of choice at dca. Also would look forward to the pre-dca Bucs show in their baseball stadium, beer vendors hawking the crown with bottles of beer, great times.

You would think in Williamsport there would be a baseball field dca could use? I read somewhere that dca turned that down and wanted the HS football stadium, not that dca never used a bb field before?

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I learned not to doubt you thanks for the clarification . That stadium was not to friendly to the corps especially the Alumni Corps would had to make it up a big hill, fans also had some hills I heard. Then unplugging the feed to make coffee I remember beer being the beverage of choice at dca. Also would look forward to the pre-dca Bucs show in their baseball stadium, beer vendors hawking the crown with bottles of beer, great times.

You would think in Williamsport there would be a baseball field dca could use? I read somewhere that dca turned that down and wanted the HS football stadium, not that dca never used a bb field before?

Williamsport has Class A short season team and stadium seats about 2500. Next line has a brag about second oldest minor league stadium so go figure. Had a show in W-port in a baseball stadium mid 80s. All I remember is dark as hades

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Williamsport has Class A short season team and stadium seats about 2500. Next line has a brag about second oldest minor league stadium so go figure. Had a show in W-port in a baseball stadium mid 80s. All I remember is dark as hades

Do you think DCA will renew contract? It's a real nice place to hold events aside from drum corps stadium issues.

29 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Historic Bowman field is a Single A stadium...not even Scranton level pre-renovations. LLWS isn't letting anyone on their field. and DCA's method of selecting a Championship venue is he who makes them pay the least wins.

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Do you think DCA will renew contract? It's a real nice place to hold events aside from drum corps stadium issues.

well the move came because Rochester saw attendance keep going down. Annapolis cost too much. Williamsport kinda central between the two cost the least. You get what you don't pay for.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Historic Bowman field is a Single A stadium...not even Scranton level pre-renovations. LLWS isn't letting anyone on their field. and DCA's method of selecting a Championship venue is he who makes them pay the least wins.

That's too bad, for me drum corps and bb fields yielded some great shows going all the way back to Fenway. Can't remember if P&C field in Syracuse was BB?

One more DCA topic on this dci thread. Whatever DCA did to the copywrite gods has backfired on both. Just checked YT and there are several full shows from this year just sitting there. All three months old where dci does police the net and is continually taking down YT feeds and links from social media. DCA is in their own world but I don't really know if it is their responsibility to police the net? 

Just now, Bluzes said:

One more DCA topic on this dci thread. Whatever DCA did to the copywrite gods has backfired on both. Just checked YT and there are several full shows from this year just sitting there. All three months old where dci does police the net and is continually taking down YT feeds and links from social media. DCA is in their own world but I don't really know if it is their responsibility to police the net? 

Plenty of DCI shows are up on YouTube also.

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Plenty of DCI shows are up on YouTube also.

There are many more dci shows to post but they do get deleted at times. Seems more so during the season when periscope clips leak onto YT, like new parts in the show, they have been squashed in a few hours. Then the kids on Reddit mislabeling to keep the censors away.