2018 DVD/BluRays DCI Champ Finals??

31 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

One more DCA topic on this dci thread. Whatever DCA did to the copywrite gods has backfired on both. Just checked YT and there are several full shows from this year just sitting there. All three months old where dci does police the net and is continually taking down YT feeds and links from social media. DCA is in their own world but I don't really know if it is their responsibility to police the net? 

I don’t think DCA did anything just the costs started jacking up to the point there was no profit. Plus if any court case does come out DCA doesn’t have deep enough pockets to fight

56 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Do you think DCA will renew contract? It's a real nice place to hold events aside from drum corps stadium issues.

If you mean using the Williamsport baseball stadium it wasn’t even a DCA show. It was ICA (International Corps Assoc) which was for corps not quite good enough for DCA top 10.

Ended up having to rip my CD audio as WAV and then sync that to my Flo video rip to show my dad Babylon on Christmas Eve. The sync process was kind of a pain but I ended up with a pretty decent file.

Can't wait for the DTS-HD mix though...

14 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Ended up having to rip my CD audio as WAV and then sync that to my Flo video rip to show my dad Babylon on Christmas Eve. The sync process was kind of a pain but I ended up with a pretty decent file.

Can't wait for the DTS-HD mix though...

Good for you, you found a way. I checked the download site for 2018 Video, the audio files are there but video still directs to 2017. I also misplaced my 2001 dvd and wanted to download The Cadets, specifically Moondance for a friend who likes Van Morrison. Site would not go that far back. Perfer downloads becuse of that reason, how many things have I misplaced over the years, but MOONDANCE how could I.

Copyright having been discussed in this thread, this New York Times story may be of interest:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/29/books/copyright-extension-literature-public-domain.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

For the first time in 20 years--since Congress, at the behest of Disney, extended copyright terms to 95 years--new works are entering the public domain.

Now if we can just get Congress to roll back the copyright term to something sensible, like 50 years.

Still, many scholars and legal experts argue that American copyright law, which is mind-numbingly complex, has skewed toward enriching companies and the heirs of writers and artists at the expense of the public. When the first Copyright Act was passed in the United States in 1790, the maximum term was 28 years. Over the decades, lawmakers repeatedly prolonged the terms, which now stretch to over a century for many works. “It’s worse than the tax code,” said Rebecca Tushnet, an intellectual property expert at Harvard Law School. “The copyright term is way too long now.”

Some studies show that extending copyright can actually have a negative impact on the sales and availability of books. A few years ago, Paul J. Heald, a law professor at the University of Illinois, used software that randomly sampled books available on Amazon, and discovered that there were more new editions of books published in the 1910s than from titles published in the 2000s. Publishers often stop printing books that aren’t selling, but still retain the copyright, so no one else can release new editions. Once the books enter the public domain, a wider variety of new editions become available again, filling in a hole in the public and cultural record.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

There may be some titles of interest here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_in_music

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

this is ridiculous - we may have 2019 finals before 2018 blu rays arrive 

No they ship in a few weeks. And the law sucks but it’s the law

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 8:13 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

There may be some titles of interest here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1923_in_music

“Horsey Keep Your Tail Up” seems appropriate. Just replace horse with bull.