Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

What do they do if it rains?  Does that effect them at all?

Edited by G-Rott

Well the show is geared to one or two venues both indoors.  DCI can do the same thing.  Do you think they would care if they had to run the show one in Kansas or somewhere without the screens?  I don't agree with it but.

Think they could reserve one screens off to the side so if the show bores you, we can have like Sports Center or something going with CC on?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, DAvery said:

We keep evaluating marching band and drum corps in terms of "music education". Technically speaking, the first time we took a step outside the "music education" was compromised.   I choose to think in much broader terms, such "artistic education".

If emoting to words and images on a computer screen is part of an "artistic education", then I get a top-notch artistic education every day that I log in and look at posts on DCP. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder did they pay royalties to the De Stijl folks?

IMAGINE how much better this would be without the distraction of these digital disasters?

1 hour ago, Daave said:

My first impression was that it needed more tarps.  Then, use the screens to explain why there were more tarps.  Win, win.

Just like the cowbell - You can never have to many tarps. 

15 hours ago, Flguardman said:

They do draw your eye  where they want the effect to go which is a plus. They do use them well, like breaking them apart and putting them back together rather then staying in one spot the entire time.

Both your points mean more distractions to the viewers during their show.