Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

On 10/14/2018 at 5:18 PM, FTNK said:

I hate the arms race. What does it have to do with music education?

I completely agree.

The poor members of marching band and drum Corps are at the mercy of the creative staffs ideas which is becoming ridiculous.  frustrated Broadway and Hollywood wannabes is all they have become.  They have  proven that they have absolutely no control and exploit every indulgence they think of without even considering what it may or may not add to a show.  Not to mention expense and logistics of moving the stuff around.  need more proof just look at the recent announcement Crossmen productions?  Why don't we just say Newcastle films or Lions gate etc 

Oh please let me  win one of these mega lotteries going on right now. people will see a drum Corps like none other if I have the chance.  It would be a lesson in back to basics with a modern execution level 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I’m glad that my kid’s band (Reagan) has steered clear of the gimmicky stuff and still managed to do pretty well in competition so far this year. She’s in the color guard but the band is definitely playing. 

Reagan is amazing this year (as usual). Good luck to you guys at San Antonio, hoping you come out on top.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Marching Band!

Remember when the band would March and Play music we all recognized?

Don't get me wrong, I like it but in my older age I keep asking myself....what is it good for?

If the technology was available and of good quality back then, it would have been used.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Both your points mean more distractions to the viewers during their show.

Nope!

• Like 2

Think of this possibility, with the use of these video boards:

A show that has the current band or corps performing their show, interspersed with video clips of the same band's or corps' show from, say, 20 years ago.

Show theme: "We've Gotten Better"  :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

To judge from the videos, the audience in Orlando seems to like Tarpon's show.

22 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Tarpon Springs is about two hours away.  

Sure, but surely there were other schools from the general vicinity also in attendance?