Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Who ripped the kids?

Don't.  He's on a roll. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

It’s horrible. They will talk and eye roll through other band shows and then screech during “their” band. Not everyone but far too many 

I don’t know about anywhere else but the Illinois band shows but when my kid was in band, the band parents would come in for their child’s group and leave immediately afterward.  Some of them were fine but others were as annoying as you’ve described. 

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Don't.  He's on a roll. 

Germans bomb Pearl Harbor again?

nothing like being in college when that came out.... and your last name is one letter off from the college name

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know about anywhere else but the Illinois band shows but when my kid was in band, the band parents would come in for their child’s group and leave immediately afterward.  Some of them were fine but others were as annoying as you’ve described. 

The band shows I workers, especially the championships... it was like there were 20 different audiences in the course of a day.  LOL.  Audience members would come in for a group, or sometimes just their particular band,  then leave.  Next group or next band, in came the parents/fans, then they'd leave.  And so on and so forth. 

Yet somehow, the announcer had to stay for the entire day.  :tongue:  OK... not all the time... sometimes the day was split between two or three of us. Sean King in particular was good at making sure that happened. But man... those all-day grinds, with 40-plus bands and Air Grams... never again. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

They were Meh.  The show was Meh.  The screens were Meh.  It was a nice band show.  I just hope scoring is not based on money spent.  I am not sure I like the idea of a potential prop overshadowing everything else on the field.  Hell what next, Coca-Cola can run ads on these things?

3 hours ago, gcurrier said:

leave it to DCPI to have a bunch of old farts rip apart high school kids---this post is one reason DCPI is such a horrible place to come.  I dont know why I do it hoping to actually see anything positive or even somewhat informative.  

I watched the show live--was great--was not distracting to anyone over the age of 5 -- they sounded great too and have a real shot at winning.  If nothing else it was pretty original and no first try at a new direction is never perfect no matter which band or corps you think is the best in the universe, but they are experimenting.  Budget, Ill give you because that couldn't be cheap but people come on...you almost all always sound so sour about EVERYTHING here.  Your mothers should have taught you, if you dont have something nice to say.....

blow up all you want at this response because every time I come here I see this kind of crap that keeps me away for a good few months at least--hope you keep bringing new DCPIers in somehow tho--its here truly to support the marching arts which it needs especially now  

OK we made a lot of bad jokes about a HS band dragging big ### TV's around a football field.  But uh I never saw anyone say anything negative towards "the kids".  I wasn't real high on BA's Go Kart A Rama last 2 years either but....

Edited by WWonka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Germans bomb Pearl Harbor again?

nothing like being in college when that came out.... and your last name is one letter off from the college name

Don't make me put you on double secret probation. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WWonka said:

OK we made a lot of bad jokes about a HS band dragging big ### TV's around a football field.  But uh I never saw anyone say anything negative towards "the kids".  I wasn't real high on BA's Go Kart A Rama last 2 years either but....

Really. Screeeeeeee!!!!!  THE KIDS!!!!  That dog whistle again. I'm pretty sure "the kids" didn't design the show. It's the designers being panned here. But the poster knew that.