Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

FYI #1: I posted this and whitedj2016 gave it a laughing face. I PM’ed asking why he/she thought it was funny and said it came across as ignorant at best. Received no explanation and got called an ###.

FYI #2: My late wife (7 months now) had a seizure condition and know what it is like to see someone suffer when crap hits the fan.

Taking time off before I say something about gaining maturity or empathy for others that gets me banned. Life is too short to deal with people like this.

if they called you an ###, hit the report button

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Good point.  By then the commercials will be added.  :laughing:

Seriously... you're right, whether those screens are a "one year wonder" or not could very well depend on how the show is performed, scored, and received by the fans. At the championship, where it matters most, when the show is completely fleshed out.

One of these years I'd love to get out to the BOA weekend. Some wild stuff going on there with several of those bands.

i just watch it on Flo. far cheaper

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

One thing that many people have overlooked is that this was Tarpon's first performance of the year - wouldn't we be better to wait til BOA finals to judge them and their use of the screens?

Yes, everybody. Hold off on all opinions until finals.

John D, time to shut down DCP until August.  Congrats to the mods on the well-deserved break.  I assume it'll be with pay. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lance said:

John D, time to shut down DCP until August.  Congrats to the mods on the well-deserved break.  I assume it'll be with pay. 

Lance from the top rope. Delivering the atomic elbow. I love it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, gcurrier said:

leave it to DCPI to have a bunch of old farts rip apart high school kids---this post is one reason DCPI is such a horrible place to come.  I dont know why I do it hoping to actually see anything positive or even somewhat informative.  

I watched the show live--was great--was not distracting to anyone over the age of 5 -- they sounded great too and have a real shot at winning.  If nothing else it was pretty original and no first try at a new direction is never perfect no matter which band or corps you think is the best in the universe, but they are experimenting.  Budget, Ill give you because that couldn't be cheap but people come on...you almost all always sound so sour about EVERYTHING here.  Your mothers should have taught you, if you dont have something nice to say.....

blow up all you want at this response because every time I come here I see this kind of crap that keeps me away for a good few months at least--hope you keep bringing new DCPIers in somehow tho--its here truly to support the marching arts which it needs especially now  

Nobody said a mean thing about "the kids."

People are discussing a potential new trend. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 10/16/2018 at 12:41 PM, MikeN said:

On the other hand, corps members have *always* been at the mercy of design staffs, even when it was just "do we play Dindi or La Suerte this year?"

What are some shows where you think the props went overboard and didn't add anything?

Mike

honestly ; and you will probably not agree along with many others but I think vanguards 2018 props were not all that especially given all the time and effort away from playing it required from the  members .  When I first saw them I thought they were incomplete and they did not finish constructing them only later I realize that was the final product 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, Jeff Ream said:

if kids didnt want to do it, they wouldn't join. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, Jeff Ream said:

if kids didnt want to do it, they wouldn't join. 

For the members the pros still outweigh the cons and no doubt they are brainwashed a bit. 

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Facebook should get double then...we deal with way more stupidity

24 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

For the members the pros still outweigh the cons and no doubt they are brainwashed a bit. 

if you're going to spend 3-5k a season to march a show lasting tops 11:30, you're #### well going to like it or not march. otherwise you're basically phoning it in and not committing fully to the product or corps.