Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

4 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I loved Carmel's show.  While I liked the theme and music of BA- it was once again cheesy over the top Wes Cartman twirling gobbled goop- Evil Knieval meets Captain America. Someone needs an edit button.  Two patriotic shows I love; Boston Crusaders 2002 and LD Bell 2010.

Fair enough. I saw it moreso as “unapologetically patriotic” and in that way it basically reminded me of Star 92. Patriotism isn’t really “subtle” but I totally get that others prefer a more subdued approach 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Keep the political bs out of the discussion. *eyebrow*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Keep the political bs out of the discussion. *eyebrow*

It's a sad commentary on society today that the mere mention of patriotism is seen as a political statement. Which reminds me, to all fellow veterans out there, on this 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War, happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service. Or is that too political?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Which reminds me, to all fellow veterans out there, on this 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War, happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service. Or is that too political?

Only if it's raining.

Dulce et decorum est.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

It's a sad commentary on society today that the mere mention of patriotism is seen as a political statement. Which reminds me, to all fellow veterans out there, on this 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War, happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service. Or is that too political?

There was another statement that was deleted that was the problem. And next year will be 100th anniversary of the American Legion as founded by WWI vets. 

Oh I’ll say it and can be deleted: work for DoD and have seen the whole range of beliefs. So patroitism can come from both ends and the middle.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

I loved Carmel's show.  While I liked the theme and music of BA- it was once again cheesy over the top Wes Cartman twirling gobbled goop- Evil Knieval meets Captain America. Someone needs an edit button.  Two patriotic shows I love; Boston Crusaders 2002 and LD Bell 2010.

I have loved some of the stuff Cartman has done  BA 2006- that show is timeless.   I liked Utopia by BA as well (2013 ???).   I feel his design now is like  a really good song,  but you hear is so much on the radio, that it becomes uninteresting.

I don’t follow BOA closely and only see shows that go from YouTube to DCP. Over the years Broken Arrow finds its way to a thread. I did see bits and pieces of this year’s show. I thought it was interesting and could see why it would be an audience favorite.

When it comes to patriotic, sometimes what some see as over the top works. I attended a Veterans’ Day ceremony in 2001. It started off somber, with a woman speaking about her nephew who died on 9-11, WWII veterans remembering the 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and other appropriate speeches. The woman who organized the musical segments did not understand the occasion and the solemnity of the ceremony. It began with a young woman singing “America the Beautiful” Broadway style, tap dancers who tapped their way through “Yankee Doodle Dandy” and the finale was a high school band marching into the auditorium playing “God Bless America.” The organizers wondered how people would react since it was so out of place but the veterans  groups thought it was perfect and just what we needed at the time. 

Being over the top may be natural for Broken Arrow. They have a famous alumna who can be a bit over the top. Kristen Chenowith grew up in Broken Arrow and attended the high school. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Really? 

An earlier post was removed due to a blatant political attack on adjudicators. My post was a reminder on the prohibition of that discussion.  

*facepalm*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Toby said:

Really? 

An earlier post was removed due to a blatant political attack on adjudicators. My post was a reminder on the prohibition of that discussion.  

*facepalm*

Well how would I know that?  Perhaps that's why other mods include a statement such as - offensive posts removed. Your "facepalm" snark is duly noted. 

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Thank you sir! Common sense is so refreshing.

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The Blue Springs MO band that bested some heavy favorites did a mash up show recognizable to many DCI fans as a visual combination of 93 Phantom Regiment and 2018 Cavaliers but a musical mashup more in the line of that 93 Regiment program combined with some later SCV programs. 

Fun fact: The head program designer for this show is also the head program designer for The Academy. Perhaps that fantastic vocalist/violinist will be a featured performer with them in the summer?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1