Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Could they have been rented or is this option not feasible?

I am not sure any rental company would rent these unless there was a HUGE insurance policy on them. I could not image them wanting them back based on how they were used. I could be wrong though. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Could they have been rented or is this option not feasible?

possible

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

What happens with the digital screens now that the season is over?

I think the answer is simple. They can be reprogrammed in so many ways, you'd never need to buy backdrops again. I think they only touched the surface of what could really be achievable with them in an aesthetic sense. Much more is possible with the right artistic and creative staff.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BigW said:

I think the answer is simple. They can be reprogrammed in so many ways, you'd never need to buy backdrops again. I think they only touched the surface of what could really be achievable with them in an aesthetic sense. Much more is possible with the right artistic and creative staff.

So they would become that one band that always uses giant tv screens?  I doubt it. Every year it has to be something new. Otherwise Blucoats could still be using those slides. 

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So they would become that one band that always uses giant tv screens?  I doubt it. Every year it has to be something new. Otherwise Blucoats could still be using those slides. 

The utility goes beyond a one shot gimmick. The potential is nearly limitless. Combine them with whatever other props one desires. Again, The surface has barely been scratched with what can be done with them to support the theme of any program. They aren't Carmel's Viking Ship or Crown's Stagecoach or BA's Go-Buggies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Me Techie here but wonder about the lifetime of these screens. Gotta take some abuse with travel and being outside. And how long before obsolete with next generation of optics.

Ok Mr Techie and Mr Drum Truck Loader because it was a way to get free rides....

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Me Techie here but wonder about the lifetime of these screens. Gotta take some abuse with travel and being outside. And how long before obsolete with next generation of optics.

Ok Mr Techie and Mr Drum Truck Loader because it was a way to get free rides....

Well, as the technology improves, sure, buy new ones or replace them as they wear out. Keep in mind that a lot of the big contests are now indoors, Jim. Grand Nationals is at Lucas Oil. Granted they do their local football games... but I'd assume they had certain conditions that needed to be met to use the screens in terms of rain, wind, and temperature extremes. Really, that can apply to any backdrop/prop. Saw a prop windmill for a Man of LaMancha show that actually worked totally destroyed at a regional competition during the band's performance a long time ago due to very high wind gusts (My guess is they were in excess of 30-35mph). The crowd was more interested in watching it torn to pieces and blown away than the actual show... which actually was a decent program.

3 hours ago, BigW said:

The utility goes beyond a one shot gimmick. The potential is nearly limitless. Combine them with whatever other props one desires. Again, The surface has barely been scratched with what can be done with them to support the theme of any program. They aren't Carmel's Viking Ship or Crown's Stagecoach or BA's Go-Buggies.

You're right. They aren't Carmel's Viking ship or Crown's stagecoach or BA's go carts. They're Tarpons tv screens. To me no different from any of the other cool one hit wonders. But time will tell, right?

Edited by HockeyDad