Tarpon Springs - Digital Screens

Why are you people talking about leopards?  Is Tarpon Springs using leopards?  How is that even allowed?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Why are you people talking about leopards?  Is Tarpon Springs using leopards?  How is that even allowed?  

That is interesting.

Tarpon Springs are the "Spongers"... no Leopards there. I can't make that up. They prolly have some kind of fancy BoA super-hype nickname to avoid being called the Spongers... like the Blue Empire band... the Blue Regime... The Band of Gold (oops that's Largo's thing...).

As for using Leopards... With their equipment they can just put happy leopard images on the screens if they want those. My guess is with their budget they could get a surplus one of these Leopards, the German government's been fobbing these off left and right to everyone who wants one since peace broke out in '91....

Leopard_2_A5_der_Bundeswehr.jpg

Now THERE'S a PROP.

Tarpon Springs Spongers? Ranks right up with BigW and my area. Boiling Springs Bubblers (you can figure that one out). Biglerville Canners - big area for apple orchards and Musslemans apple sauce company which (yes) cans apple sauce. Anyone ever been at a corps show at Gettysburg College (few miles from Bville) has sat in Musselman stadium.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Tarpon Springs Spongers? Ranks right up with BigW and my area. Boiling Springs Bubblers (you can figure that one out). Biglerville Canners - big area for apple orchards and Musslemans apple sauce company which (yes) cans apple sauce. Anyone ever been at a corps show at Gettysburg College (few miles from Bville) has sat in Musselman stadium.

Danbury Ct teams are the Hatters, or at least used to be. I think Danbury was a major haberdashery center back in the day.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Danbury Ct teams are the Hatters, or at least used to be. I think Danbury was a major haberdashery center back in the day.

To bring it back Corps side had Derby City Knights Mini and Derby City Cadets (jr?) from Louisville. No idea of Louisville history with hats

edit: just noticed the nice clean up on aisle 5 lol. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

37 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

To bring it back Corps side had Derby City Knights Mini and Derby City Cadets (jr?) from Louisville. No idea of Louisville history with hats

edit: just noticed the nice clean up on aisle 5 lol. 

Of course there is also this one.

Passerby+3+-+Floogle+Street+3.jpg

Edited by MikeD
  • Haha 1

Having lived about a mile from the Susquehanna River for over 25 years (and counting) I can understand the reactions lol.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I screwed up... nevermind...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey I think give and take regarding handicapped issues with corps and shows should be discussed. Probably in another thread. It's an area not too many are saavy on and God knows we helped educate some people and place over the years at corps shows.and sites.

Bringing up the lack of handrails at Williamsport was/is important, Jim. This fall, I can't recall any other HS stadium I've been to that lacks them. Issues like this need to be dealt with for everyone's safety and well-being, even beyond people who absolutely 100 percent need them. I was at STA a couple of weeks ago and frankly, I was afraid of a tumble when I negotiated them and I'm in theory "fine"...

I think over the last as many as 10... at least 5-6 years I'm seeing more and more participation of differently abled people at the HS level, and starting to see it at the DCI/DCA level. From my view, it's a really fantastic thing, essential and more valuable than perhaps some might believe.

Finally there are pretty specific laws that venues have to comply with. If they don't... they need to, and better do it.

• Thanks 2