"Do Not Enter! Be Quiet! Sit Down!" Stadium Etiquette

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

Maybe the regionals in your area. All the regionals I've been to in Texas heavily enforce that. There's even someone there that could tackle you, but most of the time I think I could take 'em :tongue:

Good to know! Yeah, these were the Toledo and Canton regionals. I assumed the reason was they couldn't get enough volunteers. (At Ohio Music Education Events, each one run by local bands, the parents and students are very strict about keeping people from entering while bands play.)

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Semi-related... remember the gendarmes at the Scranton stadium? 

Multiple stories about them... probably good for another thread.  LOL.

And it wasn't just for the drum corps/band events, either. A buddy saw them hassle a guy at one of the baseball games... the guy was told by one of the gendarmes to stay in the tunnel between the seating sections and not head to his seat during an inning... then another gendarme came by and gave the guy a hard time for standing in the tunnel!!!  Ya can't make this stuff up. :laughing:

Moosic sherrifs were no issue at band events

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Moosic sherrifs were no issue at band events

Did one band show at that stadium, and you're right... didn't see or hear of any incidents, or anything remotely close to an incident.

But the drum corps stories... the stuff of legend.  LOL.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Did one band show at that stadium, and you're right... didn't see or hear of any incidents, or anything remotely close to an incident.

But the drum corps stories... the stuff of legend.  LOL.

I know people loved to blame it on beer sold...Hell the Club was open during band events, just no beer sold in the concourse. The bigger issue was drum corps fans can be real ######## sometimes, especially on DCA weekend

• Like 1

The "Melissa" plane a finals in 2001 was really bad...

Would letting pigeons loose at night, at the end of a corps show be considered an etiquette breach?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

Would letting pigeons loose at night, at the end of a corps show be considered an etiquette breach?

only if they didn't fly after being kept in drum cases all day

:whistle:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bucbari said:

Put it this way: None of us in the Sunrisers that evening were charter members of the Westshoremen Fan Club. :laughing:

Of all the bizarre things that have happened at DCA's championship, from 1965 until the present, that night in 1980 still tops my list.

For the folks on here who have no idea what we're talking about... trust me, you're better off. :tongue:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I know people loved to blame it on beer sold...Hell the Club was open during band events, just no beer sold in the concourse. The bigger issue was drum corps fans can be real ######## sometimes, especially on DCA weekend

Still... some of the stuff was not the fault of a corps, or any particular fan.

From what I remember one year.... porta-potties had been set up at the far end of the parking lot, across the street from the warmup area, for corps members to use... to avoid the long trek to the stadium restrooms.  But when one corps' members tried to cross the street to use the port-johns, which had been set up for their use, they were threatened with arrest if they crossed the street!!!  Ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Put it this way: None of us in the Sunrisers that evening were charter members of the Westshoremen Fan Club. :laughing:

Of all the bizarre things that have happened at DCA's championship, from 1965 until the present, that night in 1980 still tops my list.

For the folks on here who have no idea what we're talking about... trust me, you're better off. :tongue:

My first year out and in the stands thinking “best chance ever to make top 5 and gonna lose it on a bleeping penalty “. Sitting with my family and had my hand over my mouth in case there were lip readers nearby.