"Do Not Enter! Be Quiet! Sit Down!" Stadium Etiquette

After driving 1,000 miles from Phoenix to San Antonio for Southwestern Regionals we sat in front of a guy that was making balloon animals during the entire show. The sound of air being released and the screeching sound of the animals being made drove us insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, regimental1 said:

After driving 1,000 miles from Phoenix to San Antonio for Southwestern Regionals we sat in front of a guy that was making balloon animals during the entire show. The sound of air being released and the screeching sound of the animals being made drove us insane.

Did he make you one?  

I’m sorry.  I’ve been in or around drum corps for 50 years and that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regimental1 said:

The sound of air being released and the screeching sound of the animals being made drove us insane.

And you said nothing about it?  If you did and he kept it up, I would have gone to the concession stand, grabbed a plastic fork, broke off a few tines, and you can use your imagination now.

• Haha 1

There were around fifteen people back there. Eight of them were the kids he was making the balloon animals for. So there were actually nine people with balloons making noice with them.

1 minute ago, regimental1 said:

There were around fifteen people back there. Eight of them were the kids he was making the balloon animals for. So there were actually nine people with balloons making noice with them.

Good Lord.  That’s crazy.  

That horrible squeaking had to be unbearable after a while. 

It sounded like it was something he did every year. Since then we’ve bought better seats and have never seen them again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Put it this way: None of us in the Sunrisers that evening were charter members of the Westshoremen Fan Club. :laughing:

Of all the bizarre things that have happened at DCA's championship, from 1965 until the present, that night in 1980 still tops my list.

For the folks on here who have no idea what we're talking about... trust me, you're better off. :tongue:

the lights out/fireworks in 91 is close

7 hours ago, regimental1 said:

This wins the Internet.  :laughing:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1