first off, a corps can't just jump from DCI to DCA. Both organizations have rules in place about that, and hell Pio Indoor percussion changed their name to separate from the mess. Also, using their own busses for any trips is stupid as ####. Those things should never roll again

The Roman issue is complicated, though he needs to go. The problem is how it needs to happen. the guy has mortgaged his house to help the corps and lord knows the corporation probably owes him money. He'd have to be bought out.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

first off, a corps can't just jump from DCI to DCA. Both organizations have rules in place about that, and hell Pio Indoor percussion changed their name to separate from the mess. Also, using their own busses for any trips is stupid as ####. Those things should never roll again

The Roman issue is complicated, though he needs to go. The problem is how it needs to happen. the guy has mortgaged his house to help the corps and lord knows the corporation probably owes him money. He'd have to be bought out.

I completely understand - just thought some here might be interested in the latest twists & turns.

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The board member on there seems to think they can just come over to DCA in 2019.   It’s further down in the subreddit. 

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The board member on there seems to think they can just come over to DCA in 2019.   It’s further down in the subreddit. 

I would think there is zero chance of that happening, certainly as long as RB is still involved. Or at least I sure hope so.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

And... like Jeff said... I would certainly hope that any comprehensive plan would include the scrapping of those "accident waiting to happen" buses.

• Like 2

Most telling comment in the link is “Blenski family will not hold the power they held before” posted by a supporter of the new group. Notice it did not say the family will not hold any power just not as much. 

And board or other changes will not occur without approval of the current board. And current board is still the same crew as years before.

Yep RB ain’t moving unless someone gets better lawyers. And don’t make me gag by acting like DCA will accept this cluster. Guess RB going to DCA in the vip van makes him thin he has an in.

• Like 3

:laugh: How many members does that corps expect to field when they return? With Roman still onboard, nothing is going to change. They will still be cellar dwellers, any design team and instructional staff that comes on will be creatively limited, and the youth in and outside the activity know what Pioneer is all about and what has gone on there. If this corps has any hope of thriving, growing, and becoming "better everyday;" Roman and his stranglehold have to go. They will be destroyed by the majority of open class...again! I still think the best thing that corps could do is fold. 

Edited by corps8294

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I replied