1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

There’s serious discotheque too. Sadly the board members posting aren’t helping 

Dang I love spellcheck... or is that I liver spellcheck 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It just got a lot more interesting over there on drumcorps Reddit.  😳

And this is why I'm keeping my distance from wanting to get involved. I have no desire to be doxxed.

Thought earlier DCI wanted RB not running anything before the corps would be allowed back. Did I misinterpret what was posted then or... did DCI get a good look at the legal paperwork (incorporation etc) and realized their hands are tied

1 hour ago, garfield said:

So much hyperbole.  Please, just stop with the "Fold!" bluster.

The rational and calm reorganization of Pio will happen if those in charge can avoid acting rashly based on anonymous social media posts.

This kind of inflammatory spew is acceptable on Reddit, and is why I come here to have more serious discussions.

I didn't mean my post as "bluster."  Just a suggestion. And it certainly was not based on any Reddit stuff I've read... because I haven't read anything on this topic there. I think I've spent a total of about five minutes on Reddit, and that was during the YEA situation.

Just that, in some situations, there comes a time when a "good fight" isn't worth fighting anymore. So many allegations in the Pioneer case... several of them proven to be accurate.  And one person who is still involved with that organization who simply should not be. As long as he is there... in my opinion... nothing credible can be accomplished.

I know one of the new Pioneer board members... and he's as good a person as I've ever met. He doesn't act in a rash manner. 

But I just wonder if even a room full of rational, credible individuals will be enough to keep Pioneer from dying a slow and perhaps painful death. Maybe I'm wrong on this... wouldn't be the first time.  LOL. Can't predict the future.

I don't know who MagnoliaFan25 is, nor do I really care, but it looks like they sensationalized the Alumni meeting by claiming that "Roman has absolutely no intention of releasing his stranglehold over Pioneer". From what I read in the meeting notes they posted:

#1 – EXPANDED BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Pioneer must maintain a Board of Directors that includes a minimum of five people that have not

served in that position before. In response to this requirement, the Board of Directors will be expanded

to nine members. The exact governance structure, bylaws and appointment process is currently being

developed by an independent nonprofit attorney and governance committee.

It was also clarified that the Interim Board of Directors does not have the legal authority to remove

current Board members, or make legal decisions on behalf of the corps without permission of the

existing Board of Directors.

How exactly can anyone draw the conclusion that Roman will not let go of the corps? From reading this, it sounds like the Interim CEO and IBOD are working with the current board to change the structure, probably to dilute Roman's power so he is NOT controlling the corps anymore. This board structure appears to not be in place yet, as it has to be legally restructured. And does no one else not recognize the board structure that has yet to be put in place? This is literally the structure of every other drum corps board out there, so I am sure this plan is what DCI will sign off on and has recommended to Pioneer. 

I would rather see the drum corps community focus on the future survival of this group. There is an underserved youth music community in SE Wisconsin that could benefit from a Pioneer corps that is run with the proper oversight. Stop focusing on past mistakes. DCI will not sign off them coming back if there aren't proper mechanisms in place to ensure member safety. So instead of spreading gossip and misinformation, I dare anyone here to come up with viable suggestions for the good of the alumni of Pioneer who are fighting valiantly to save it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tim78 said:

I don't know who MagnoliaFan25 is, nor do I really care, but it looks like they sensationalized the Alumni meeting by claiming that "Roman has absolutely no intention of releasing his stranglehold over Pioneer".

Agreed, but...

From what I read in the meeting notes they posted:

#1 – EXPANDED BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Pioneer must maintain a Board of Directors that includes a minimum of five people that have not

served in that position before. In response to this requirement, the Board of Directors will be expanded

to nine members. The exact governance structure, bylaws and appointment process is currently being

developed by an independent nonprofit attorney and governance committee.

It was also clarified that the Interim Board of Directors does not have the legal authority to remove

current Board members, or make legal decisions on behalf of the corps without permission of the

existing Board of Directors.

How exactly can anyone draw the conclusion that Roman will not let go of the corps?

Because if he was voluntarily relinquishing the reins, there would be no "restructuring".  They would simply add more people to the BOD whenever they choose to.  Roman Blenski would retire, or transition to some "honorary director emeritus" position, and he would assist the incoming CEO to achieve a peaceful transition of leadership.

Edited by cixelsyd
  • Like 2

It takes 2-3 minutes to find court records on anybody.  It goes slightly above and beyond an FBI and State Patrol background check, which should be standard protocol.  Taking that extra 2-3 minutes for a corps that's had as much heat on them as Pioneer seems like a no-brainer to me.  I'd hope that all corps do that for people they hire for board positions, along with social media checks.  

If Pio did know about it, and hired him anyway, then it's a slightly different discussion.  Even without a conviction, it's information that would make me question whether or not to march there or let my kid march there.  But maybe I'm just crazy.  

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I didn't mean my post as "bluster."  Just a suggestion. And it certainly was not based on any Reddit stuff I've read... because I haven't read anything on this topic there. I think I've spent a total of about five minutes on Reddit, and that was during the YEA situation.

Just that, in some situations, there comes a time when a "good fight" isn't worth fighting anymore. So many allegations in the Pioneer case... several of them proven to be accurate.  And one person who is still involved with that organization who simply should not be. As long as he is there... in my opinion... nothing credible can be accomplished.

I know one of the new Pioneer board members... and he's as good a person as I've ever met. He doesn't act in a rash manner. 

But I just wonder if even a room full of rational, credible individuals will be enough to keep Pioneer from dying a slow and perhaps painful death. Maybe I'm wrong on this... wouldn't be the first time.  LOL. Can't predict the future.

based on what that board member is saying there, and knowing the same person you do...I wonder why the hell he is there

Tim’s post is too long to quote and just want to comment on one point Tthis will DILUTE the power that RB has not remove it. IMO saying RB refuses to let go of power is not proved. But reading thru the legalities he does not HAVE TO let go of anything he does not want to. The reddit poster who is on board said repeatedly RB cannot be legally removed by force.

Question is will DCI accept Pioneer back with RB still involved. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari