6 hours ago, Liahona said:

I agree with you and definitely don't condone the practice.  But aren't some of us at DCP being a little bit judgmental here?  Did DCP not "out" Scott Atchison awhile back in the same regard?  ...dredging up his old court case that was "expunged"...I am not making excuses for him and don't even know the guy...I'm glad that guy is gone...just don't think we should be judging the behavior of other posters...

well I did, and got a ton of #### for it.

expunged is a legalism that needs to go away

DCA's rule is that a junior corps cannot switch to DCA the following year and continue to use the junior corps name. If the junior corps changes its name, then it is considered a new corps and can approach DCA to be evaluated as all new corps are evaluated.

Just now, traverbanking said:

DCA's rule is that a junior corps cannot switch to DCA the following year and continue to use the junior corps name. If the junior corps changes its name, then it is considered a new corps and can approach DCA to be evaluated as all new corps are evaluated.

and that doesn't guarantee approval. And....DCA is aware of this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

expunged is a legalism that needs to go away

Oh, I disagree with that. Low level offenses that have been resolved to the satisfaction of the courts  should not follow a person their entire lives, IMO. Note the phrase "low level"....like misdemeanors...not felonies and serious crimes.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, traverbanking said:

You're Close, but no cigar. A corps cannot compete as a Jr corps and enter DCA prelims and attain membership to DCA in the same calendar year. That rule has been on the books for years. Now add on the recent evaluation process to the mix where a corps needs 501C3 status, proper insurance in place and a financial audit and 35 minimum membership before you can participate in DCA sanctioned shows. It doesn't matter what name the corps uses. I helped write these rules in another life many years ago :biggrin:

Jay

Retired 28 year DCA director.

Edited by HBD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Oh, I disagree with that. Low level offenses that have been resolved to the satisfaction of the courts  should not follow a person their entire lives, IMO. Note the phrase "low level"....like misdemeanors...not felonies and serious crimes.   

Ok minor yes. The two examples in this thread no

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes.  We need to abolish & stamp out redundancy

We need to start a Department of Redundancy Department

($1 to Firesign Theater, on the "Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers" album...guess I am really old!)

• Like 3

On 10/23/2018 at 8:55 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

We had a term in the military that I cannot post or the moderators will delete it.  But the first word was "cluster"

Tanker friend told me the first word was "Mongolian".. then "Cluster/Fuster..."  The shoe fits with this, I fear.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MikeD said:

We need to start a Department of Redundancy Department

($1 to Firesign Theater, on the "Don't Crush that Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers" album...guess I am really old!)

Firesign Theatre!!!   "Everything You Know Is Wrong."  Great stuff from them.

• Like 1