5 minutes ago, Lance said:

It takes 2-3 minutes to find court records on anybody.  It goes slightly above and beyond an FBI and State Patrol background check, which should be standard protocol.  Taking that extra 2-3 minutes for a corps that's had as much heat on them as Pioneer seems like a no-brainer to me.  I'd hope that all corps do that for people they hire for board positions, along with social media checks.  

If Pio did know about it, and hired him anyway, then it's a slightly different discussion.  Even without a conviction, it's information that would make me question whether or not to march there or let my kid march there.  But maybe I'm just crazy.  

well remember, they hired the guy that started the snowball rolling downhill to give them a new lease on life. Then of course Scott Stewart was on the board til the Morgan Larsen stuff came back out. 

There's a right way to reorganize and get a board and there is this #### show. YEA's example should have been followed, but they are too busy keeping excuse makers and defenders involved

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Agreed, but...

Because if he was voluntarily relinquishing the reins, there would be no "restructuring".  They would simply add more people to the BOD, the BOD would appoint a new CEO, and there would be a peaceful transition of power.

I read it as adding board members so RB and current board can be out voted

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Tim’s post is too long to quote and just want to comment on one point Tthis will DILUTE the power that RB has not remove it. IMO saying RB refuses to let go of power is not proved. But reading thru the legalities he does not HAVE TO let go of anything he does not want to. The reddit poster who is on board said repeatedly RB cannot be legally removed by force.

Question is will DCI accept Pioneer back with RB still involved. 

fools if they do.

• Like 4

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

fools if they do.

That’s a no crapper...

And of course the only power DCI has in forcing them to do anything is shut the (membership) door and say ya can’t come in. Wonder if the DCA/WGI options were from desperation or being clueless. 

• Like 1

Two things......

1.  Does DCI require ALL corps to do all the things they are asking from Pioneer?

2.  There's a reason why you can only be President of the United States for 2 terms. 

29 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Two things......

1.  Does DCI require ALL corps to do all the things they are asking from Pioneer?

I see it as DCI telling Pioneer to clean up the crap that was affecting member safety So far only Cadets and Pioneer got that bad.

to put it another way the answer is yes as DCI wants all corps to be safe for the members

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I see it as DCI telling Pioneer to clean up the crap that was affecting member safety So far only Cadets and Pioneer got that bad.

to put it another way the answer is yes as DCI wants all corps to be safe for the members

Yes, DCI is making Pioneer and Cadets the examples of a newer, more rigorous standards to be held to. Other corps should take notice in case they have things they are trying to hide too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s a no crapper...

And of course the only power DCI has in forcing them to do anything is shut the (membership) door and say ya can’t come in. Wonder if the DCA/WGI options were from desperation or being clueless. 

well the DCA bylaws have stuff in there about corps jumping from one to the other, plus DCA also has reviews for new corps. Not sure how detailed WGI is, but I can't imagine they are in the offices being overjoyed at the prospects

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

well here's another part of the problem. DCI checks a corps books once to let them in, and then to move to World Class, then again only if a serious issue pops up. There needs to be periodic audits

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well here's another part of the problem. DCI checks a corps books once to let them in, and then to move to World Class, then again only if a serious issue pops up. There needs to be periodic audits

Yep and checking the money books doesn’t come close to the other issues. How about what DCA checks as all I have heard about is being money sound. But forget what else Tom P or Gary M posted. Might have been something about sound management or other things 

Kind of remember a one year off before a Jr corps could switch to DCA. But not sure last time there was a switch without a long gap of being inactive. Bunch of former Jr corps did DCA but usually inactive a while.

Edited by JimF-LowBari