Dynasty Drums shut down?

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

get enough exposure through corps and big names in scholastic world and price will drop

I can't think of any drum maker where that happened.  Dynasty's prices were pretty much static since the post-2000 boom.  And as for corps, hard to compete when you have to usually pair with another independent horn company for the big groups, and down in OC, we have to buy our own stuff.  (This year our choice was a gently used Dynasty line or Mapex.  We ended up going with Mapex.)

Mike

On 10/24/2018 at 5:07 PM, xxxdcifanxxx said:

The products they made were the worst quality of anything I have ever used. 

Yup.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:23 AM, Jeff Ream said:

didn't use Stingray eh?

And Corders.....never forget that the best shells are exploding shells. 

SCV has nothing to lose in staying with Dynasty as long as there is support, parts, etc. If there's any indication that Dynasty may not provide adequate support, then yes, they will jump ship. Hopefully Pearl. Keep in mind this also affects UNT as well. Like someone mentioned here, Paul had a previous relationship with Pearl with Phantom and UNT, so it would make sense it would Pearl. 

Doesn't the horn line already play Yamaha horns? HMMMM.

As previously pointed out. Paul Rennick made Dynasty drums sound good. I was a long time Dynasty user and they got their bad reputation because of the way BD tunes their drums. Once Dynasty got Paul on board he did some big redesigns on their equipment. The battery equipment from about 2012 on were essentially Paul Rennick signature drums. Even before that he was able to make the BD designed original Dynasty drums sound good.

Also don't forget how big UNT was with their equipment. Mark Ford was one of their signature artists for the Bergerault marimba. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

hey look, i know the amount of hell Dan DeLong, Kevin Murphy, John Stauffer,  Andy Hostettler, Chris Moyer, Chris Pagotto, Ken Hackman, myself and others went through to get Stingray drums to sound good for us at Westshore. Doesn't mean the drums still didn't suck. it just meant we killed ourselves trying to make them sound good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, Jeff Ream said:

hey look, i know the amount of hell Dan DeLong, Kevin Murphy, John Stauffer,  Andy Hostettler, Chris Moyer, Chris Pagotto, Ken Hackman, myself and others went through to get Stingray drums to sound good for us at Westshore. Doesn't mean the drums still didn't suck. it just meant we killed ourselves trying to make them sound good

If only you could have gotten them to not weigh 697 lbs Jeff. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, Jeffe77 said:

SCV has nothing to lose in staying with Dynasty as long as there is support, parts, etc. If there's any indication that Dynasty may not provide adequate support, then yes, they will jump ship. Hopefully Pearl. Keep in mind this also affects UNT as well. Like someone mentioned here, Paul had a previous relationship with Pearl with Phantom and UNT, so it would make sense it would Pearl. 

I love the sound & tone of Pearl snares & tenors. Don't let the door hit you DyNasty.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:50 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

If only you could have gotten them to not weigh 697 lbs Jeff. 

the 18 inch bass weighed about the same as a 26 inch Pearl

• Sad 1