A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

so either way it turns out, you get screwed?

:laughing:

The way I look at it...might as well get some pleasure out of it.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

No rage here. Just a statement of fact. DCI keeping their own PR council is like joe average citizen decide to represent themselves as an attorney. Both have fools for clients. It is not too difficult to contrast DCI's response to YEA's. 

Yep. 

Acheson's statement reads very much like Hop's. 

Perfunctory.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have seen RB at Annapolis riding van to the stadium with other big wigs. With his thinking he probably thinks that gives him an “in”. As for anyone else just color them clueless or think RB has it all figured out

Could be very possible. I hope you're right!

8 minutes ago, BigW said:

Could be very possible. I hope you're right!

Kind of strange watching him get in and just staring straight ahead the whole time. Like it was beneath him to socialize with the rest or something else. Second year at Annapolis.

knew someone with issues and amazing how they could justify their problems. Scary/sad part is he really believed his bs. Always on my mind when I hear weird stuff and person acts like it’s all ok. Might explain certain PSU weirdness

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Kind of strange watching him get in and just staring straight ahead the whole time. Like it was beneath him to socialize with the rest or something else. Second year at Annapolis.

knew someone with issues and amazing how they could explain their problems. Scary/sad part is he really believed his bs. Always on my mind when I hear weird stuff and person acts like it’s all ok. Might explain certain PSU weirdness

When you're King of your own land and realm Jim, you can begin to believe your own fantasies and propaganda if you're not careful and grounded. As a corollary, if one is surrounded by yes-men and women... it makes it worse.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

If Dan Acheson cannot answer the following:

"What did you know and when did you know it?"

he needs to step aside.

He may believe he's looking out for DCI's best interests but he's not.  And those telling him what to say (for example in the video) are giving him bad advice.

Sure maybe he can "survive" the scandal.  And maybe even keep his job.  But he's hurting DCI and the entire activity by hunkering down.

The same goes for every single corps director and designer and staff member in DCI.  If you can't answer that question honestly, publicly and completely,  you're hurting the activity.

The good ol' boys have had a good ol' run;  it's over.  Times have changed.  Step aside and allow the activity to move forward.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigW said:

Jeff, what worries me on that is this:

RB shows up at DCA Championships, everyone on DCP who saw him (I didn't and would have) pretty much quietly goes the other direction whistling "Blues in the Night".

One of the more recent posts on the Pioneer Website intimates that the board seems to think that they can stroll into DCA easily.

How did they get that idea and belief is the question floating in my head. I'm hoping it was some goofy assumption/misunderstanding RB has made somehow, not that anyone important in DCA actually told him that.

he was there with the WDCHOF. he wasn't there representing the corps. And DCA corps are aware of that post. And I can tell you he's not welcomed. he buys a ticket to finals fine. Bringing in a corps....nope. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karuna said:

If Dan Acheson cannot answer the following:

"What did you know and when did you know it?"

he needs to step aside.

He may believe he's looking out for DCI's best interests but he's not.  And those telling him what to say (for example in the video) are giving him bad advice.

Sure maybe he can "survive" the scandal.  And maybe even keep his job.  But he's hurting DCI and the entire activity by hunkering down.

The same goes for every single corps director and designer and staff member in DCI.  If you can't answer that question honestly, publicly and completely,  you're hurting the activity.

The good ol' boys have had a good ol' run;  it's over.  Times have changed.  Step aside and allow the activity to move forward.  

what did he know as fact or as rumor?

Huge legal difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

I seem to recall both the reporters praising YEA and the professionalism they exhibited after the GH scandal et al.  Perhaps DCI corporate should hire the same PR firm...it might do them a bit a good at this juncture...