A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

And that was moved, not cancelled, correct?

So we're to believe without corroboration that "several" BoE have cancelled their association with housing corps or hosting shows?  Are these schools that had a prior relationship with DCI?  Is this list of schools now "closed" to drum corps made public or even presented to DCI?  Or is it simply "If DCI ever comes asking, the answer is No"?

Moved... check with YEA on any revenue implications. It doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. It does not change the fact that it is true. 

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

And that was moved, not cancelled, correct?

So we're to believe without corroboration that "several" BoE have cancelled their association with housing corps or hosting shows?  Are these schools that had a prior relationship with DCI?  Is this list of schools now "closed" to drum corps made public or even presented to DCI?  Or is it simply "If DCI ever comes asking, the answer is No"?

"verify whether or not there was an actual case of a school refusing housing"

This was your question. I have answered it.

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

Moved... check with YEA on any revenue implications. It doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. It does not change the fact that it is true. 

It's not a matter of me believing you, it's a matter of you presenting information that is believable.  And, I'm sorry, if you think anyone is expected to take your claim of personal experience as fact-based proof of damage done to DCI, you likely think too much of your evidence.

The point is your contention that damage has been done to the activity, the leadership, and the corps from these revelations and, despite your "evidence", there is no damage that's presentable as fact.

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is the big question?  Not the people supposedly at the center of the accusations?

Dan and DCI were, therefore, responsible for GH's actions?

Your statement " If there's proof that Dan A himself knew (not HAD to know, but KNEW) of some abuse and didn't speak up, he needs to be held to account."

And my response is that this is the major question as it relates to Dan A. If he know of any incidents that occurred and did not speak up he needs to be held to account. I am in complete agreement with you on this point and look forward to the day when this question has been answered one way or another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

It's not a matter of me believing you, it's a matter of you presenting information that is believable.  And, I'm sorry, if you think anyone is expected to take your claim of personal experience as fact-based proof of damage done to DCI, you likely think too much of your evidence.

The point is your contention that damage has been done to the activity, the leadership, and the corps from these revelations and, despite your "evidence", there is no damage that's presentable as fact.

I did not make a point about damage being done to the activity. I was responding to your request for information about any instances where housing was not allowed or a show was cancelled. That was your question. My response was to this question. Show cancelled UPenn. Easily verifiable and it was even in the news paper. Ask YEA how easy it has been for them to get housing for their shows. It was not. From my own knowledge, which is what you asked... does anyone KNOW of instances. And I am telling you I know because I interact with dozens of schools boards and have been told directly they no longer will house corps including the one in my own community. Questioned asked. Question answered. 

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Your statement " If there's proof that Dan A himself knew (not HAD to know, but KNEW) of some abuse and didn't speak up, he needs to be held to account."

And my response is that this is the major question as it relates to Dan A. If he know of any incidents that occurred and did not speak up he needs to be held to account. I am in complete agreement with you on this point and look forward to the day when this question has been answered one way or another.

Would you believe me if I said I've asked Dan personally and specifically if he had any knowledge of any abuse in his entire history of the activity, and he replied No, he didn't?

Or would you ask for corroboration from others? 

My reply to you could easily be "We ate a meal together.  I asked him, I believe his response, and it doesn't matter if you believe me or not.  Doesn't make it not true."  Would you take it at my face value?

(BTW, your credibility is not in question with me.)

12 hours ago, garfield said:

Not true.  You don't realize the structure or the co-op nature of the activity.  Sorry.

Yes I do.  How could I not?  You and others have posted about it dozens of times.   So let's make this accurate.  We do not agree as to whether Dan should have taken action.  You say no, and justify it (in part, to be fair to you), based on the structure of DCI.  I say yes, and say the structure is no excuse.  This presupposes Dan had some knowledge.   I don't see how he couldn't, when these things have been posted all over the place here and on Reddit for several years now.  So, that's our disagreement, not whether I'm ignorant of policy.  

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Would you believe me if I said I've asked Dan personally and specifically if he had any knowledge of any abuse in his entire history of the activity, and he replied No, he didn't?

Or would you ask for corroboration from others? 

I certainly have no reason to think you would make up that interaction and would take it at face value... but I would look for other data points to support the statement. On my statement I have said... do not take my word for it... talk to lost of schools districts in NJ. They will tell you they are not hosting corps any longer. Or they have jacked up the fee for the facility so much it is unreasonable. Example... one school wanted $21,000 for the Cadets for housing for 2 days. $21K! Crazy right? Again, I did not suggest this is a nationwide thing. I can't speak to that. I can only share what I know, what my experience is, which is what you asked for.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and lo and behold, the NCAA caved on many things with Penn State, especially as it came out how flawed their investigation into Miami was. In fact, what has happened to Michigan State post Nasser? or Ohio State's football this past summer?

please, don't hold the NCAA up as a role model to follow.

Where did I mention the NCAA?  It wasn't the NCAA that brought the house down at Penn State.  It was the press.  Hmmm........

4 hours ago, garfield said:

Will one of you memory-wizards shake your circuits and attempt to verify whether or not there was an actual case of a school refusing housing or hosting a show, or even participating with drum corps as fans (clinics, etc) that has ended, as a result of the Cadets/GH news in the spring, and/or as a result of any messaging from DCI that's occured since, please?

4 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I did not make a point about damage being done to the activity. I was responding to your request for information about any instances where housing was not allowed or a show was cancelled. That was your question. My response was to this question. Show cancelled UPenn. Easily verifiable and it was even in the news paper. Ask YEA how easy it has been for them to get housing for their shows. It was not. From my own knowledge, which is what you asked... does anyone KNOW of instances. And I am telling you I know because I interact with dozens of schools boards and have been told directly they no longer will house corps including the one in my own community. Questioned asked. Question answered. 

I actually asked for verification and you've only presented supposed experience, with no verification.

YEA! was having housing issues long before 2018.

Which housing sites?

Verification is not one person's insistence.  I asked for verification and you haven't presented any.