A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

20 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I personally know many of the victims that have come forward public and several that have not

Then maybe it is you who "have hunkered down trying to keep information from coming public."  Do tell.  Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes I do.  How could I not?  You and others have posted about it dozens of times.   So let's make this accurate.  We do not agree as to whether Dan should have taken action.  You say no, and justify it (in part, to be fair to you), based on the structure of DCI.  I say yes, and say the structure is no excuse.  This presupposes Dan had some knowledge.   I don't see how he couldn't, when these things have been posted all over the place here and on Reddit for several years now.  So, that's our disagreement, not whether I'm ignorant of policy.  

Yes, touche.  I'm pretty sure you understand the structure.  Which makes it hard to believe that one vagary in your statement: "I don't see how he couldn't...".  That's the basis of your (and others') argument: That there's no way he couldn't know even while you admit the structure of DCI was specifically to NOT include him or his office is these things at the corps level.

Besides, if taken to its logical end, you are boxing Dan into a position where he can't win the argument regardless of what he knew.  Thank God supposition is not a legal basis for criminality, right?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Then maybe it is you who "have hunkered down trying to keep information from coming public."  Do tell.  Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Shades of Stuart Rices posts on ramd. Kept claiming to know something but would never go to legal authorities. But somehow it was someone else’s fault that nothing was done 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I certainly have no reason to think you would make up that interaction and would take it at face value... but I would look for other data points to support the statement. On my statement I have said... do not take my word for it... talk to lost of schools districts in NJ. They will tell you they are not hosting corps any longer. Or they have jacked up the fee for the facility so much it is unreasonable. Example... one school wanted $21,000 for the Cadets for housing for 2 days. $21K! Crazy right? Again, I did not suggest this is a nationwide thing. I can't speak to that. I can only share what I know, what my experience is, which is what you asked for.

I think we're arguing semantics.  I asked for verification and you presented another unverified opinion, not verification.  Then you challenged me to contact school boards in NJ to get the verification that I originally asked for.

At this point, you simply presented another unverified opinion.

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

When I search variations of "New Jersey school refuses drum corps" I get this current and very damning result:

http://www.leaderherald.com/news/local-news/2018/07/drum-corp-deemed-successful/

Nothing about any public mention of schools refusing to house or host drum corps.

I'll contact DCI and ask if they have any experience with schools in NJ refusing housing in 2018 as a result of Cadets'/GH situation, or DCI's responses afterward.

Also, I will not dodge the proof if you present some corroborating information to your claim.  Then we'll have DCI's answer and your "verification" and we can determine the veracity of each.

As of now, I'm still awaiting verification that DCI, the activity, or any corps not yet accused has suffered damage from either the original story or the PR after it.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

And that was moved, not cancelled, correct?

So we're to believe without corroboration that "several" BoE have cancelled their association with housing corps or hosting shows?  Are these schools that had a prior relationship with DCI?  Is this list of schools now "closed" to drum corps made public or even presented to DCI?  Or is it simply "If DCI ever comes asking, the answer is No"?

Here is a link to the article that mentions UPENN cancelling a few YEA-sponsored events this year. Does not mean that the show itself never ran...just that it was not at Franklin Field. I think they ran it in Allentown, PA.

UPENN and YEA

• Thanks 1