A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

9 hours ago, garfield said:

This is the big question?  Not the people supposedly at the center of the accusations?

Dan and DCI were, therefore, responsible for GH's actions?

If they were aware to some degree, and did nothing at the time then to some degree they were enablers

It was stated (via link) a few pages back what the PA law says to do if one is suspicious.  IDK how that works across state lines, but DCI has a regional in PA so all the DCI big-wigs were in the Commonwealth at least once annually

Slay the dragons.  All of them.  No matter whoever or wherever they are

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

13 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Humm,

Partly he said:

A reporter has informed us that another story on drum corps is forthcoming. The writer says, “It will outline a number of examples I have found of people who have worked or volunteered in the activity in recent years who were accused of having inappropriate relationships with students or who have criminal records including crimes of a sexual nature. It will be an in-depth look at these cases and at the policies of both DCI and individual corps.”

We wanted to share this information with you before you read it online or see it on social media.

Doesn't that fuel speculation about what might be up?

How?  He says exactly what's going to happen.  What's speculative about that?

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

And how much did DCI know before being confronted?

1 hour ago, garfield said:

He says what is going to happen.  And what he says fuels speculation in others.  He may (or may not) be speculating himself.  

This is the same thing that someone who wants to draw attention to something announces, "Something big is going to happen tomorrow!"  They know that many will start to wonder what (or, in other words, speculate) what that something might be.  Had he said nothing, no one would be speculating.  But, several are, here and elsewhere. 

Or, you may prefer to say that he is warning his audience that something is coming, giving the outlines of what that something is, and that is what some in his audience is speculating about.

Warning or announcement, it results in some in his audience speculating about the unknown content.  

On 11/2/2018 at 8:57 PM, garfield said:

"...if..." and "...cleary..." are the operative words..

Yep.

5 hours ago, garfield said:

I grant that speculation is being fueled, but not that Dan or his video is fuelling it.

I keep watching his video looking for evidence of fueling speculation and the only kind of speculation I can find comes with a tin-foil hat from viewers.

Distinctly not from his words.

If no video, no speculation being fueled. Simple cause and effect.

5 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Humm,

Partly he said:

A reporter has informed us that another story on drum corps is forthcoming. The writer says, “It will outline a number of examples I have found of people who have worked or volunteered in the activity in recent years who were accused of having inappropriate relationships with students or who have criminal records including crimes of a sexual nature. It will be an in-depth look at these cases and at the policies of both DCI and individual corps.”

We wanted to share this information with you before you read it online or see it on social media.

Doesn't that fuel speculation about what might be up?

Oops. Fact

So does anyone have an idea when these news stories will be published?

5 hours ago, garfield said:

I grant that speculation is being fueled, but not that Dan or his video is fuelling it.

I keep watching his video looking for evidence of fueling speculation and the only kind of speculation I can find comes with a tin-foil hat from viewers.

Distinctly not from his words.

I think it's the degree of speculation that you may want to be debating.

The message is a polite heads up that something bad is going down- One can't help but wonder with whom and with what organization or organizations. I don't think Dan is deliberately fueling anything beyond that natural curiosity any normal individual has.

As for Dan.... I see a lot of anger and frustration directed towards him. I'm hoping the anger and frustration is more about the fact this stuff happened at all more than directed at the individual. I don't know him other than seeing him on simulcasts, etc. so I have no finger in that pie.

I do know he did have a daughter that was with the Colts in the guard for at least a season or two. Since he's the Father of a recent performer, I would very reasonably conclude he has to be upset as all heck about all of this and wants to fix this in every way he can do it using what powers and authority he has available to him. That's been a serious subject be discussion here as well. I have a guess he's more legally constrained than we'd like to think.  I try to keep that in mind where he's concerned as an individual and realize the guy has to wear two hats and be a cat-herder with some of these Corps personalities. He can't wave a wand and smite the foe here, as much as we'd like that, and I'd bet as much as he wishes he could.

I think some of the things said here have been pretty extreme, particularly where it's implied he's been hip deep in a dark gray/really dark area of criminality. If this is the case, I'll be incredibly surprised, dismayed, and likely more upset than most of the posters, but let's see where the facts in this upcoming article take us first before we light the flamethrower and aim it at his bunker. Let's find the right target first, shall we?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1