A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I do.  But your advocacy of a lifetime registered sex offender makes me uncomfortable as a survivor.  I don’t feel required to answer your questions.  

And you’re not required to answer the questions! I’m thinking this thread is well past it’s usefulness.

Edited by Tim K
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Wow!!! My head is spinning!

Is this a Red vs. White debate? Debate is GOOD but how many of you are board/state certified attorneys? You all say such interesting things but what really needs to come out is FACTS! FACTS trump (no pun intended) everything. "I heard...," "I think....," are not FACTS! Rather than sit behind your laptop and argue back and forth, go find FACTS! Is DCI set up to control the corps or are they a place where the corps can meet to set up rules and run DCI? Is Dan A the judge and jury on everything DCI? Do the corps directors have more control than the Executive Director? Do all hirings by corps go through DCI for approval? Does DCI have a policy in place where every corps is monitored during winter? during summer?

I respect you all but you all just keep jabbing at each other and NO ONE has a knock out punch! Stubborn because each one of you believes you're right. Maybe (just maybe) you are all wrong! I KNOW I am not accurate on this because I don't know all the facts and either do you!

This.

Until the referenced article is published,all anyone can do is speculate about what its going to say.

Depending on what is published,criminal or civil actions may be pursued against individuals,corps and/or DCI.

If there are criminal or civil actions,attorneys and the courts will be the ones who decide who was responsible 

for what.

Regardless,of outside legal actions,the onus for cleaning up whatever mess this article may produce will be on DCI.

Just my $0.02 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I do.  But your advocacy of a lifetime registered sex offender makes me uncomfortable as a survivor.  I don’t feel required to answer your questions.  

Excuse me?

I just want to know why this guy was marching again in 2013, instead of in jail for another apparent felony.  But if I dare ask for details, that makes me an advocate for sex offenders?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Wow!!! My head is spinning!

Is this a Red vs. White debate? Debate is GOOD but how many of you are board/state certified attorneys? You all say such interesting things but what really needs to come out is FACTS! FACTS trump (no pun intended) everything. "I heard...," "I think....," are not FACTS! Rather than sit behind your laptop and argue back and forth, go find FACTS! Is DCI set up to control the corps or are they a place where the corps can meet to set up rules and run DCI? Is Dan A the judge and jury on everything DCI? Do the corps directors have more control than the Executive Director? Do all hirings by corps go through DCI for approval? Does DCI have a policy in place where every corps is monitored during winter? during summer?

I respect you all but you all just keep jabbing at each other and NO ONE has a knock out punch! Stubborn because each one of you believes you're right. Maybe (just maybe) you are all wrong! I KNOW I am not accurate on this because I don't know all the facts and either do you!

This is funny.  You ask the exact same questions we've been debating, then tell us we're just arguing and jabbing each other.  What do you think debate of these issues is supposed to look like?

I've been making the same points on the same questions you ask for the last 20 pages, and others here are doing the same.  Why are you asking for someone to provide answers?  Jeff has answers, I have answers.  Do you have answers or just more of the same questions?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’ve talked to several people who would have been spoken to if Dan told the board.

and 77% of respondents had this answer: “ never heard of Larson til recently”. 

The other 23% said “ oh yeah he was well known. A Stewart pet, but it wasnt presented for discussion”

youre welcome. I do see it. I see it clear as day. Yes on many of the rumors listed Dan is free and clear. On this one: nope. 

You sure that wasn't 76/24?

(snark just for fun)

39 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I’m thinking this thread is well past it’s usefulness.

No, that is wrong, Tim.

The discussion is perfectly valid and all others have a chance to weigh in - or out.

Edited by garfield

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’ve talked to several people who would have been spoken to if Dan told the board.

and 77% of respondents had this answer: “ never heard of Larson til recently”. 

The other 23% said “ oh yeah he was well known. A Stewart pet, but it wasnt presented for discussion”

youre welcome. I do see it. I see it clear as day. Yes on many of the rumors listed Dan is free and clear. On this one: nope. 

Question: What percentage of all member corps are corps who are voting members? (Hint: not all directors would have been consulted.  Only a few vote and likely would have been contacted.)

And so I understand, you called some people who said "Oh, yea!  Had Dan contacted the Board I would have been told!"  Were you talking with one of the voting members?  And if the board chair and the secretary were the only ones that Dan was required to consult for Executive action, and he did that, would you be satisfied that Dan did the right thing and your contact was wrong?

See, that's the way many Boards work.  Especially this one.

Edited by garfield