A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’ve said all I need to say on this unless new information comes out. I don’t need more threatening messages

Wow!  Me, too!  But the threats are dwarfed by the support.  Apparently this thread has caught some attention.

nm

Edited by garfield

I'm very confident that more information will come to light.

My position is, and has been throughout (despite the wandering bullfight), that Dan did exactly the correct thing by releasing this video.  He raised no more suspicion than the others involved in what he released.  He was to be doomed no matter path he took after being contacted by the reporter so, IMO, we are better off for having whatever information DCI can release ahead of a complete unknown (thanks to the reporter).  More sunshine is what everyone was clamoring for, and that's what we got.

I'd rather he gives us a head's up instead of repeating that, apparent, past mistake of keeping his mouth shut.

IMO, Dan deserves the benefit of the doubt for this effort.

The rest here is mostly just speculation and re-defining the past.

IMO, of course.

EDIT to add:  "The greatest danger is that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of the [arguing] parties than by a real demonstration of innocence or guilt."  -  Hamilton

Edited by garfield

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Wow!  Me, too!  But the threats are dwarfed by the support.  Apparently this thread has caught some attention.

nm

It's not about support. This thread (which basically is 3 people arguing) and subject is getting real old. Let the people in charge handle the situation. The back and forth and all the speculation and guessing are not solving the situation. Maybe someday this site will go back to talking about drum corps. DCP should have a site for lawyers where those that choose to can sit and argue about legal issues (which is what this thread has become) all day. The pissing contest on this thread is just silly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No one has threatened me (yet), so let me continue the call for more sunlight.

Violation of the Illinois law we have been discussing is a class 4 felony, in this case committed by a lifetime registered sex offender.  Why was Morgan Larson merely kicked off campus?  Why was he not arrested?  Why was he marching again in 2013, instead of serving the minimum one-year prison term for an Illinois class 4 felony?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Reminds me of the days of elections in the old Soviet Union.  "Brezhnev received 99 percent of the ballots cast..."

I always wondered in which gulag did the one percent end up. :tongue:

I think Guinness listed the record

as some North Korean election as being in excess of 99.99 % for Kim Il Sung....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

No one has threatened me (yet), so let me continue the call for more sunlight.

Violation of the Illinois law we have been discussing is a class 4 felony, in this case committed by a lifetime registered sex offender.  Why was Morgan Larson merely kicked off campus?  Why was he not arrested?  Why was he marching again in 2013, instead of serving the minimum one-year prison term for an Illinois class 4 felony?

Could have been a desire of the college to just get the party off the campus quietly without much ado. Much of this issue disturbs me to a rather high level. When I have time I'll prolly get to it on the DCA end in a somewhat related thread. Massive culture change with the organization he was with is as necessary as I've ever seen it be almost anywhere. The inept smokescreens on DCP that were blown involving this issue insulted my intelligence and anyone who can count higher than four who also read it.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BigW said:

Could have been a desire of the college to just get the party off the campus quietly without much ado. Much of this issue disturbs me to a rather high level. When I have time I'll prolly get to it on the DCA end in a somewhat related thread. Massive culture change with the organization he was with is as necessary as I've ever seen it be almost anywhere. The inept smokescreens on DCP that were blown involving this issue insulted my intelligence and anyone who can count higher than four who also read it.

My thought too was possibly campus security (if on campus probably campus jurisdiction) hustled him off quietly. After all some schools worry about how any publicity (including public arrest info) will affect new admissions or old alumni dollars. *cough PSU cough*

From what I’ve read here no more corps at that campus. So president heard and handled that quietly.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, garfield said:

nm

I've been on this site almost 17 years now.  (17 next February) In that whole time I've received a whopping 3 PM insults and 0 threats.  Maybe I've been posting about the wrong things!

Mike

Edit - ok, I did receive one ham fisted threat from a DCI executive a few years ago, but it was so comically inept it hardly qualifies, and it was on Facebook, so it doesn't count as *on* DCP.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Edit - ok, I did receive one ham fisted threat from a DCI executive a few years ago, but it was so comically inept it hardly qualifies, and it was on Facebook, so it doesn't count as *on* DCP.

Tease not to quote it here... kidding kidding... 

No threats here or FB but a few insults to try to mine for personal info. Former FB page had HS info and one clod kept asking how many years I have been attending lol. Ain’t posting my work info in the open there

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

I've been on this site almost 17 years now.  (17 next February) In that whole time I've received a whopping 3 PM insults and 0 threats.  Maybe I've been posting about the wrong things!

Mike

you obviously don't write reviews LOL

• Haha 1