A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

7 hours ago, garfield said:

My position is, and has been throughout (despite the wandering bullfight), that Dan did exactly the correct thing by releasing this video.  He raised no more suspicion than the others involved in what he released.

We will just agree to disagree. All the PR professionals I know would strongly disagree with you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

I've been on this site almost 17 years now.  (17 next February) In that whole time I've received a whopping 3 PM insults and 0 threats.  Maybe I've been posting about the wrong things!

Mike

Edit - ok, I did receive one ham fisted threat from a DCI executive a few years ago, but it was so comically inept it hardly qualifies, and it was on Facebook, so it doesn't count as *on* DCP.

You are lucky!

I got blamed in the 2017 season for someone getting banned and they hunted me down and somehow found me on Facebook and threatened that they were going to get me.  The most comical thing about it is I made no complaints about them, so in reality I had nothing to do with their banning in the first place...I'm still alive, but if I disappear maybe it was that nefarious guy from DCP...lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

You are lucky!

I got blamed in the 2017 season for someone getting banned and they hunted me down and somehow found me on Facebook and threatened that they were going to get me.  The most comical thing about it is I made no complaints about them, so in reality I had nothing to do with their banning in the first place...I'm still alive, but if I disappear maybe it was that nefarious guy from DCP...lol

Good grief.  That’s crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good grief.  That’s crazy. 

That's why we turned off the FB account we used. No threats but lot of people who need help.

I joke that I'm still waiting for my law suit notice. In the 90s was on church council (hard up for people to join) and at a meeting the empty headed youth rep said "Sam (adult aide) can't make the next outing. Some of the (teenaged) girls will be more relaxed". When asked to explain he said some ladies thought he was "over huggy" and shrugged. Some of us had to pick ourselves off the floor and about clean our pants at that.

Sam was told one on one (with member who was a cop listening in) to knock it off and he went nutso. My mom knew his mom and found he was trying to find a lawyer to sue us all. Bugger was couldn't told mom why...  But he wants to sue you.. Good if he does then I can tell you....

That church closed this past summer

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, garfield said:

My position is, and has been throughout (despite the wandering bullfight), that Dan did exactly the correct thing by releasing this video.  He raised no more suspicion than the others involved in what he released.  He was to be doomed no matter path he took after being contacted by the reporter so, IMO, we are better off for having whatever information DCI can release ahead of a complete unknown (thanks to the reporter). 

The reporter is under no obligation whatsoever to let anyone know the details of what she is working on.  (Except, obviously, her editor.) She didn't need to reach out to Dan to tip him off, so to speak. She did him a favor by doing so.  So it is by no means the reporter's "fault" that this is a "complete unknown"... if that is what you're saying here.

I've been in that business.  Even though it's been a while... I know the drill.   Had at least one instance where I was asked to provide the questions for an interview in advance. I declined. Still got the interview.  Might have been my innate charm.  :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/8/2018 at 9:22 PM, Fran Haring said:

The reporter is under no obligation whatsoever to let anyone know the details of what she is working on.  (Except, obviously, her editor.) She didn't need to reach out to Dan to tip him off, so to speak. She did him a favor by doing so.  So it is by no means the reporter's "fault" that this is a "complete unknown"... if that is what you're saying here.

I've been in that business.  Even though it's been a while... I know the drill.   Had at least one instance where I was asked to provide the questions for an interview in advance. I declined. Still got the interview.  Might have been my innate charm.  :tongue:

Your experience is valuable to this conversation.  If Tricia wants to speak to Dan about her findings, it's as much an opportunity for him as it is for her.  Anything (even if its risky or uncomfortable) that can provide useful info toward preventing harm and fixing problems is a good thing, imho.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, Liahona said:

You are lucky!

Getting banned from DCP would be a high point in most people's lives. It's like getting banned from McDonald's... thank you.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2018 at 3:59 AM, garfield said:

The reporter refuses to discuss who, what, when, or where. 

Hers was a perfunctory contact where she knew going in that Dan was not going to talk. 

If she were actually “presenting an opportunity to respond”, she would have spilled her own beans instead of expecting  Dan to do that alone. 

Your statement is false.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:39 PM, Liahona said:

You are lucky!

some reviews in the past actually had "threats to kick your ### next time I see you". 

usually would see them the next show, and they'd say nothing.