A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So the post I responded to started with “head of youth activity confers with the board”. Is that your speculation as coming across as a defense of DCI actions

nevermind just read the post above.

personally Details of what dci knew and what they did or didn’t do would be enlightening.... and possible very damaging. But after PSU the idea of “I did what I had to legally.... period” is sickening. Legal yes, moral #### no

I quote Dan's VERY frequent pronouncement:  "I strive to be exactly the ED that the member orgs want me to be". 

I'm very sure he's been consistent in this view for a long time.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Help me out here.  What law was Morgan Larson breaking while with the Kilties?

I am currently under the impression there was no law being broken, because if there was, people would/could/should have gone straight to law enforcement instead of writing letters to Dan Acheson, Gil Silva or Scott Stewart.

Where are drum corps shows and rehearsals held?

Guided by the 2007 Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act, sex offenders must avoid of such areas as schools, bus stops, gyms, recreation centers, playgrounds, parks, swimming pools, libraries, nursing homes, and places of worship by 500 to 2,500 feet (150 to 760 m)

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I quote Dan's VERY frequent pronouncement:  "I strive to be exactly the ED that the member orgs want me to be". 

I'm very sure he's been consistent in this view for a long time.

Gimme that rubber stamp.... 

DCI - healthy youth activity. Even healthier now that we actually have something written down about predators. (sarcasm)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

45 minutes ago, garfield said:

No they don't, Jeff, because you keep shooting at the target OVER THERE when the actual target is OVER HERE.  You have presented NO FACTS about what Dan was to do.  You have no facts about who he consulted, and you have no facts about what, if anything, he was instructed to do.  Simply, besides the "open secret" of the time, you have no facts.  And you should not skewer a man and his career and dedication without facts, period.

Nobody is contending the seriousness of the charge against the predators.  And your presumptions are just that.  They're not facts and you've not presented any alternative action that Dan A should have taken.

Look, I've been VERY critical of Dan and DCI on multiple fronts, not the least was the most recent bonehead decision about the Dublin show.  But I've been very "inquisitive" too, and the information that I have comes directly from voting members who were there at the time.  You have this wrong, Jeff.

It's a serious issue, nobody's doubting that.  But you are attacking the wrong person for the failings you see.  I'm really surprised you don't see that and for all these years, apparently, have believed DCI and Dan's office was something it never was.

I’ve talked to several people who would have been spoken to if Dan told the board.

and 77% of respondents had this answer: “ never heard of Larson til recently”. 

The other 23% said “ oh yeah he was well known. A Stewart pet, but it wasnt presented for discussion”

youre welcome. I do see it. I see it clear as day. Yes on many of the rumors listed Dan is free and clear. On this one: nope. 

One problem about sexual harassment/assault policies is they have to continually be updated as things change or new challenges come up. Considering it took a youth activity this long to come up with the first cut of a policy i am not too optimistic. Add on that apparently the BoD couldn’t even discuss known predators in corps at their meetings in the past makes it worse. And not forgetting the policy was really enacted because crap hit the yea fan not because anyone was being proactive (20+ years late).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

45 minutes ago, garfield said:

And you and your informants believe it wasn't given to them to consider - that Dan independently sat on the info without sharing it with anyone, right?

Good golly, do you really believe that of Dan?

Do you think I’d post it without getting good intel? Look after the last 8 years I’m the guy they  all act like they don’t know me when they see me, then call, text or email the next day or when something breaks here. I know it. I’m ok with it. And I’m very careful to verify things with multiple sources. Poor Jacobs has probably been cussed out because of me endlessly and I rarely ask him anything because our friendship is far more than dci. But people still blame him the second I post stuff and it’s not him. 

Im feeling a ok about everything I’ve said and will not change a thing unless Dan himself posts the minutes of the meeting where Morgan Larson was discussed. Let me know when they’re here okay?

i have to finish watching Vampirina 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have to finish watching Vampirina 

You know you are a toon head when you are 60+, have no kids... and get this reference. 

But I prefer Bunnicula... man do I have weird tastes...

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

any teacher that loses their license should be reported somewhere some how

Yes. My guess is if you asked a state's department of education you should get an answer as to whether a license is active/current, or was revoked or surrendered. There is a huge difference.

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You know you are a toon head when you are 60+, have no kids... and get this reference. 

But I prefer Bunnicula... man do I have weird tastes...

I have a 6 year old that made me dress up as vampirina's dad for Halloween to go with her Vee costume. How could I say no? I'm tall, i wear black glasses and I look funny....i just needed a matching shirt and I was set LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Looks like I need to repeat this question.

i take it you haven't been following along.