A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Tricia tweeted that there is a forthcoming article but it’s just not ready yet. 

my hunch is a multi pronged attack. we all know they snoop here and other places online, especially reddit. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

...but that is what the CORPS did, not DCI.  DCI handled the situation (albeit somewhat late).  

Either DCI is the governing agency, or it isn't.  If it isn't, then DCI as an activity is in enormous trouble.  

Look at what it took after decades of abuse from GH to uncover what he did with his power.  It was great the YEA cut off GH's influence as quickly as it did.  They also implemented some of their own policies to try to prevent any similar abusive behavior in the future. But we can't trust all corps to self-govern like that, unfortunately.  Just look at Pio's "attempt" to police themselves.  

With the new article coming out, even if it's just 2 or 3 corps that have hired people who can't get jobs in public education because of their backgrounds, but have gone to corps as a safe haven,  how well do you think the "it was the corps, not DCI" argument will work?

Somebody needs to be in real charge, and while it would be nice if it could be left to individual corps, it seems like a fantasy to me. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ah, but an open secret for whom? I just don't know who's in a position to (1) know certain things and (2) act on them.

For example, there's one big name that keeps popping up in these discussions again and again, going back to April (in fact, the only name I've heard about)--and then DCP deletes those posts because the person hasn't been formally accused. Someone in the past few pages hinted at that person's identity by referring to some specific corps associated with that person. But that person was no longer active when the Cadets story broke, as far as I know. Who in a position of authority knew about what that person is alleged to have done at a time when that person still was involved in DCI? Were complaints ever brought to DCI's attention, or was it just something that was rumored? Is DCI supposed to act on rumors?

Again, I dunno. That's why I'm asking.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Ah, but an open secret for whom? I just don't know who's in a position to (1) know certain things and (2) act on them.

For example, there's one big name that keeps popping up in these discussions again and again, going back to April (in fact, the only name I've heard about)--and then DCP deletes those posts because the person hasn't been formally accused. Someone in the past few pages hinted at that person's identity by referring to some specific corps associated with that person. But that person was no longer active when the Cadets story broke, as far as I know. Who in a position of authority knew about what that person is alleged to have done at a time when that person still was involved in DCI? Were complaints ever brought to DCI's attention, or was it just something that was rumored? Is DCI supposed to act on rumors?

I don’t know either.  Jaccii is quoting her source.  I guess we’ll find out when the article is published. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

She'll likely have... multiple sources. They seem to be researching this pretty exhaustively.