A Message from DCI CEO Dan Acheson

25 minutes ago, garfield said:

So, you would convene a meeting with the sole intent to pre-convict the sex offender in DCI and keep him from ever taking part.  

What do you do?

BTW sex offenders on the lists have already been convicted. The issue here is keeping them out of corps not DCI deciding if they are guilty . Courts have already determined guilt.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm defending Dan's actions according to his job description and supervision structure.

So, you would convene a meeting with the sole intent to pre-convict the sex offender in DCI and keep him from ever taking part.  Fine.  You're an employee and your BoD says "The Hell You Will!  You'll wait for us to decide and we'll tell you what's next."

What do you do?

if I am Dan, and the board refuses to act on a situation like this:

I walk. I've walked from jobs for far less. Why? Because DCi til last April talked a great game about child safety, yet didn't walk the talk.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wait.  You have proof of this?  You know he didn't address his BoD for direction?

i've made a few calls and emails as I have mentioned above. I feel good about my statement, and you know #### well i am very careful about what i post. 

23 minutes ago, garfield said:

Then you need to keep calling.  You have NO PROOF or validation for you claim that Dan A just sat on this info and did nothing.  I have PLENTY of evidence - all I need - to back up my contention that, in fact, Dan's office was frequently squelched and the corps directors were adamant to strip him of power, not grant him rights to usurp the corps' directors themselves.

Further, you've already said that this was a known incident.  Did Dan call the corps?  Was he told that they were already aware?  What was he compelled to tell the director?

Sorry, but "I cannot imagine" is not a basis on which you destroy a man's life and career.  Particularly with perfect hindsight.

I know Dan was shot down on a lot of things. That's no secret. I'm not talking about a lot of thing. I am talking about this thing. 

People that frequent this site presented the information to several people, including Acheson. All you had to do was pull up the registry, and boom there he was. The corps knew too. And they let it slide, and hey, the them director of the corps just got booted off of Pioneers new board when this came to light.

Gee darn Garf, the facts keep rolling up in my favor. It's ok though. You feel your way. I know reporters know because I was called and asked about it, and really at that time, only knew what was posted on here. So in my spare time i have done some digging. Very enlightening information found too, that I'm sure is bound to come out some day. I won't do an I told you so though. And in fact, I have defended Dan A multiple times over the Stuart Rice thing, because he presented nothing with any facts, names, times, dates, etc. Dan had that and more.

24 minutes ago, garfield said:

And the point you responded to was What if they specifically instructed him to leave it up to the corps director?

then they deserve all they get. however...it had to get to them first

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So the head of a youth activity might know about predators in one or more group but he’s not allowed to do or say anything to protect said youths? If that is truly DCIs defense in not even opening their mouths to protect the kids well... you just moved me into the burn it to the ground and start over again camp.

seriuosly DA didn’t have the ability to bring it up at a meeting without the board saying it’s ok to talk about it?

phrase “just following orders” comes to mind....

if they had ordered him to give a code red, he would have been court marshalled.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if they had ordered him to give a code red, he would have been court marshalled.

Had a 90 minute phone conference today with a Navy Lt sitting next to me. Total opposite of stone face Nicholson as he kept rolling his eyes and flipping his hands around with the dumbness coming over the phone. Turned out the people on the other end on the phone called the wrong people (us). Lt was getting frustrated as he realized everyone was wasting their time.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So when did society start deciding that predictors should not be around minors? Oh yeah I remember in the mid 90s filling out background check paperwork for my church. Reason was church started being proactive about child protection. And at the time churches were usually behind the curve on enacting child protection measures. 

So DCI is 20 years behind the times?  Yeah, that feels about right.

So if DA couldn’t do anything because the way DCI BoD was set up then the answer is to not say anything to the people involved or alert the proper authorities. But the excuse is our hands were tied.

The PSU parallels with people who kept their mouths shut are sickening